rosecolored
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
PLEASE help! Yesterday I sent my application, but my advisor told me to leave the dual citizenship space blank.
I live in Poland, was born here and have ALWAYS lived here, but my dad is from the US which is why I have a US passport and citizenship.
My advisor says that the universities may give me international fees even though that would be completely unfair. However, I don't think I should withdraw information and that is what other advisors told me as well.
I need to resend the application today and I don't know what to do....
Last edited by rosecolored; 5 days ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by rosecolored)
PLEASE help! Yesterday I sent my application, but my advisor told me to leave the dual citizenship space blank.
I live in Poland, was born here and have ALWAYS lived here, but my dad is from the US which is why I have a US passport and citizenship.
My advisor says that the universities may give me international fees even though that would be completely unfair. However, I don't think I should withdraw information and that is what other advisors told me as well.
I need to resend the application today and I don't know what to do....
Your advisor is talking rubbish.

Fee status is based on citizenship AND residency. Declaring dual citizenship won’t affect your fee status.
anonymoosev2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
If you're particularly worried, just list Poland as your primary citizenship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (2)
9.52%
They've been reasonable (6)
28.57%
Not feeling great... (8)
38.1%
They are TERRIBLE! (5)