AmberDalia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Shall I wait for my offers to worry for my vaccines. I know where I want to firm but need to get all my decisions back first. I phoned fbag uni and they said that I should go to my GP (who refused) or go private and that if I waited till OH I might miss placement. Should I just wait for OH to do it.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by AmberDalia)
Shall I wait for my offers to worry for my vaccines. I know where I want to firm but need to get all my decisions back first. I phoned fbag uni and they said that I should go to my GP (who refused) or go private and that if I waited till OH I might miss placement. Should I just wait for OH to do it.
I cant work it out.
Just make a table with uni, what vaccines required and cost, then how much you wish to go there.
Research the courses. Do placements really start straight away or is there plenty of time to get the vaccines?
You should then know the risk of when to have them and whether its worth the cost.
Only you can make that decision.
AmberDalia
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
I cant work it out.
Just make a table with uni, what vaccines required and cost, then how much you wish to go there.
Research the courses. Do placements really start straight away or is there plenty of time to get the vaccines?
You should then know the risk of when to have them and whether its worth the cost.
I don't know if the placement starts straight away but the admission tutor just said there was a chance that it might affect placement and to try and get them done before uni but if not OH would do it at the risk of it affecting placement
999tigger
Report 4 days ago
I don't know if the placement starts straight away but the admission tutor just said there was a chance that it might affect placement and to try and get them done before uni but if not OH would do it at the risk of it affecting placement
Well you are going to have to speak to someone else i.e people on the course or course organiser and follow advice.
If they say get them done before then get them done. They are just being hedgy. Up to you to find out the state of play to make an informed choice.
AmberDalia
Rep:
?
Well you are going to have to speak to someone else i.e people on the course or course organiser and follow advice.
If they say get them done before then get them done. They are just being hedgy. Up to you to find out the state of play to make an informed choice.
I have never heard Hedgy before 😂😂 but yes I will most people say they got theirs done by OH health, may ask an open day coming up
999tigger
Report 4 days ago

I have never heard Hedgy before 😂😂 but yes I will most people say they got theirs done by OH health, may ask an open day coming up
That would be the ideal time. Research gives you information from where you can make an informed choice.
paub
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I cant work it out.
its around 3 months before the first placement depending on uni. you need to have a confirmed place before the gp will treat for hep b. another sneaky way is volunteer at your local hospital. this gets you experience and gets you the jab for free,and looks very good on your application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (90)
13.02%
1 (89)
12.88%
2 (89)
12.88%
18.96%
22.43%
19.83%

Watched Threads