october03rd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I picked History for GCSE and I loved it at first. Now I’m in year 11 and I wished I picked geography because it fits it well with what I want to do in the future. Is there away to do a geography GCSE during sixth form or is it possible to pick geography at A Level with no experience?
ttomato
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by october03rd)
I picked History for GCSE and I loved it at first. Now I’m in year 11 and I wished I picked geography because it fits it well with what I want to do in the future. Is there away to do a geography GCSE during sixth form or is it possible to pick geography at A Level with no experience?
At my college, GCSE Geography is not a prerequisite for the A Level Course; the minimum requirement for people who haven't done the GCSE is two passes in the sciences. Don't worry about this now, and instead focus on getting the best possible GCSE results. If you're still worried, you could always buy the Geography CGP Guide and work through it during the summer after your exams. I hope this helps
~Sara~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
same, i regret history so much. I hate it.

You can pick geography a-level without the gcse. I donno about all schools, but the schools i've been looking at do let you do it. I assume it'd be much more difficult though without the gcse since you dont know all the key words and stuff like that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (89)
13.07%
1 (89)
13.07%
2 (87)
12.78%
18.94%
22.32%
19.82%

Watched Threads