B1548 – Public Places (Toilet Accessibility) Bill 2020 Watch

This discussion is closed.
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Based on PQ's comments this seems largely reasonable to me, assuming certain suggestions are implemented in a second reading.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I support this Bill and welcome the suggested improvements for a second reading.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
There shouldn't need to be I don't think.

The contents of the bill.
The contents of the other bill that you happily supported despite having absurd requirements should already happen
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
The contents of the other bill that you happily supported despite having absurd requirements should already happen
I think this sentence may be missing a word somewhere?
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Didn't like something similar last time, don't like it this time
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do I even need to state the risks?
For one, if there is a toilet in the restaurant not accessible to the public that probably means it’s through the kitchen, letting random people through the kitchen which needs to meet hygiene standards is a nightmare.

Secondly, shops not having public toilets means that their toilets are in a staff only area. Which means that the shop now realistically need to ensure that there is a staff member available to chaperone the toilets to prevent loss. That’s a rediculous requirement too. Many shops that meet the standard above only have one or two members of staff on at a time. If one is on break then the shop will literally have to shut so that someone can use the loo.

A far better solution is to just increase the number of public loos out and about...
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I cannot support this bill, although the medical conditions surely are a problem and facilities are sometimes lacking for those effected, the implementation of this bill leaves a lot to be desired.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
I think this sentence may be missing a word somewhere?
Probably, the point is the bill referred to the other day has far more absurd requirements in that it mandated disabled access in areas disabled people would not be allowed to enter on H&S grounds, areas that under RL legislation are exempted from requiring disabled access because it's stupid to require it, despite that you happily supported it. Why is this bill different?
lozzarae97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I support this bill. Simple acts that many of us take for granted are much more difficult to some, and voting “aye” on this motion will take us one step closer to redressing that balance.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lozzarae97)
I support this bill. Simple acts that many of us take for granted are much more difficult to some, and voting “aye” on this motion will take us one step closer to redressing that balance.
Well said
SankaraInBloom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What a frankly stupid overture. There's no doubt that those with conditions which leave them passing waste by-products at a greater rate than most do need access to facilities, but whether businesses choose to provide those services, free of charge, is entirely up to them. It's a daft move to try and interfere with the intricate workings of private enterprise, and it's one that markets wouldn't respond to well as a signal for change in wider business policy.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
This item has entered cessation.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
This item has been withdrawn.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed