International Development 2020 Applicants Watch

ubaydd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hey I sent off my UCAS on Friday (a bit late I know) and I'm applying for International Development. Just wanted to see other people who are applying for the course as the classes at each uni are pretty small but I really love the course )). Also, I know the course is not called international development everywhere, for example Global Sustainable Development at Warwick or Development Studies at SOAS so if you've applied for that too/instead, thats cool. Just have a couple of questions for you tiny group of people

1) Why international development?
2) What subjects do you take and what are you predicted?
3) What universities have you applied to and have you heard back from any?
4) Where do you really want to go and why?
5) Anything else you wanna add )
ubaydd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by ubaydd)
Hey I sent off my UCAS on Friday (a bit late I know) and I'm applying for International Development. Just wanted to see other people who are applying for the course as the classes at each uni are pretty small but I really love the course )). Also, I know the course is not called international development everywhere, for example Global Sustainable Development at Warwick or Development Studies at SOAS so if you've applied for that too/instead, thats cool. Just have a couple of questions for you tiny group of people

1) Why international development?
2) What subjects do you take and what are you predicted?
3) What universities have you applied to and have you heard back from any?
4) Where do you really want to go and why?
5) Anything else you wanna add )
Feel like I should answer the questions first haha

1) It incorporates everything I do at the moment at A level and I really like the modules and how the course looks to the future of development.
2) Politics - A
Geography - A
Economics - A
EPQ - A
3) Global Sustainable Development - Warwick University
Politics, International Studies and Global Sustainable Development - Warwick University (a mouthful I know)
International Development and Politics - University of Birmingham
International Development with Economics - University of Bath
International Development - University of Sussex
Sent off my UCAS on 10th January so haven't heard back from any yet
4) Honestly I'm not sure. If I decide to stay at home its between Warwick and Birmingham if I decide to go away its between Bath and Sussex.
5) Good luck to everyone applying
Smoke and Bone
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hey guys! I'm a SOAS digital ambassador - I'm a third-year Chinese and IR student, so I'm not an expert on international development, but if you have any questions about SOAS please feel free to ask!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

14.05%
12.38%
12.38%
18.1%
23.33%
19.76%

Watched Threads