standardolo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
HELLO! im a gsce student taking their GCSE this YEAR D;
How do i be implicit, "find alternate meaning" and infer like question 2 PAPER 2 THANKS
Jevans2208
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by standardolo)
How do i be implicit, "find alternate meaning" and infer like question 2 PAPER 2 THANKS
I struggle with this and I'm in a similar situation. It really depends on the given text(s), some are written with a moral/message, some just won't have one. In paper 2 it doesn't usually have a message as it is non-fiction, just look at what the author is presenting (Their side of the argument) and pick out their key arguments for it, and put together a well constructed point at what you think they are trying to say.

Paper 1 is a whole different story. The texts are insanely varied but can have less of a meaning than texts in paper 2 for some reason?? I'd say just look closely at things thing like semantic fields.
Emily~3695
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hi, I’m doing my GCSEs this year and I am predicted a 9 in language so I hope I can help. To be implicit as actually very difficult to teach but basically if you pick out a quite try to think of a deeper meaning to the words being said so you are not just saying what is obvious as this is what everyone will be doing, sorry if this doesn’t make sense I’m happy to help with anything else
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Ive never seen that crying emote before.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (89)
13.07%
1 (89)
13.07%
2 (87)
12.78%
18.94%
22.32%
19.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed