Yazimi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Currently I live in a house hold with guardians as my parents had to move back to China and I have to do my a levels. I do want to aim high as to which uni I want to go to for example one in Cambridge somewhere but not Cambridge uni itself

however, my guardian keeps discouraging me saying that I should ask my teacher about which uni is suitable for me and don't aim too high like Cambridge or even medicine when she encourages her own daughter to go there and if she could go, she'll even get a trip to a country of her choice.

my gcse results were a 6, a7, a 9 and six 8s, my alevels I am predicted all A's.

On the other hand, my parents are not as wealthy as their family so I cannot tell whether shes telling me not to go because I would make my parents go bankrupt or something or its something else... what do you guys think?
SSkill
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I think that you should go for whatever YOU want to do. If you want to go to a certain university, go for it. If you want to do medicine, go for it. It’s your life and your decision.
I’m not sure what you mean by ‘my parents are not as wealthy as their family’. If you are eligible for student finance, loans and grants then that is your future that you are paying for.
You’re clever enough to do what you have your heart set on. Don’t let anyone discourage you, ever.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

14.12%
12.24%
12.59%
17.88%
23.18%
20%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise