Em174
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys! I am at the point of choosing an EPQ topic and was thinking of doing it on haemochromatosis but I cannot think of a question or narrow it down. May I have some suggestions for it?
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Hi you can consider the following:-

1. Risks of iron therapy for mild iron deficiency anaemia - to treat or not to treat?
Comment: When anaemia (= low haemoglobin (Hb) level in the blood) is only mild e.g. Hb of 10-11 mg/100 mL in an adult male (normal 13-17), it is debatable whether treatment with iron is a good idea, partly because dietary changes may be just as effective, and because of the risk of haemochromatosis; at the same time, an Hb level of this magnitude is unlikely to lead to symptoms like fatigue or malaise, so the patient may be loathe to take tablets.

2. Haemochromatosis in Africa from the use of iron cooking pots.

3. Haemochromatosis due to a genetic deficiency of hepcidin.

If you need info or sources of info after you select a topic, PM me.

M (former medical student)
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Em174
Here's one research paper - the other file is too large to attach here - chk last PM from me.
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (42)
15.61%
The paper was reasonable (135)
50.19%
Not feeling great about that exam... (68)
25.28%
It was TERRIBLE (24)
8.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise