Honslo28104
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Does anyone who goes to either of these places have a pros/cons list? I could go to either but I really don't know which to pick
Smoke and Bone
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hey! I'm a student Digital Ambassador at SOAS, in my third year studying Chinese and IR! I really love SOAS so hopefully, I can give you some advice! What are you thinking of studying?
Pros:
Staff - most of my teachers and professors are really knowledgeable and friendly, and very understanding when it comes to mental health.
Courses - so many modules you can't really get anywhere else, and SOAS is pretty flexible on letting you combine them. I decided to change to a joint degree in my second year and it was really easy.
Library - we have a great library, I love studying in it, plus it's one of the best in the UK for some regional studies!
JCR and SU bar - this is such a cool place to hang out in, plus the late licenses on Friday night get wild.
Societies - so many!! And it's really easy to set one up if you can't find what you want.
The community feel - because we're quite a small uni, there's a real sense of friendliness because you get to see people around campus a lot.
Location - I love London, and SOAS is in such a good location to explore the city.

Cons
The admin can be a bit slow, but all the staff are really nice individually and they're trying to improve it.

Let me know if you have any more questions about SOAS!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Jun '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (15)
7.94%
They've been reasonable (78)
41.27%
Not feeling great... (49)
25.93%
They are TERRIBLE! (47)
24.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise