Honslo28104
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Does anyone who goes to either of these places have a pros/cons list? I could go to either but I really don't know which to pick
Smoke and Bone
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey! I'm a student Digital Ambassador at SOAS, in my third year studying Chinese and IR! I really love SOAS so hopefully, I can give you some advice! What are you thinking of studying?
Pros:
Staff - most of my teachers and professors are really knowledgeable and friendly, and very understanding when it comes to mental health.
Courses - so many modules you can't really get anywhere else, and SOAS is pretty flexible on letting you combine them. I decided to change to a joint degree in my second year and it was really easy.
Library - we have a great library, I love studying in it, plus it's one of the best in the UK for some regional studies!
JCR and SU bar - this is such a cool place to hang out in, plus the late licenses on Friday night get wild.
Societies - so many!! And it's really easy to set one up if you can't find what you want.
The community feel - because we're quite a small uni, there's a real sense of friendliness because you get to see people around campus a lot.
Location - I love London, and SOAS is in such a good location to explore the city.

Cons
The admin can be a bit slow, but all the staff are really nice individually and they're trying to improve it.

Let me know if you have any more questions about SOAS!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Jun '20

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (24)
26.67%
No (51)
56.67%
Don't know (15)
16.67%