sanabanana1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I'm part way through the questionnaire for the film course and they're asking me about books I've read on film and television. I haven't read any so I have literally nothing to write, do you think it would be okay if I explained this? or would this cause me to get rejected outright? I haven't done any theoretical film classes. Has anyone skipped the question and still got an interview????? pls help
University of Westminster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by sanabanana1)
I'm part way through the questionnaire for the film course and they're asking me about books I've read on film and television. I haven't read any so I have literally nothing to write, do you think it would be okay if I explained this? or would this cause me to get rejected outright? I haven't done any theoretical film classes. Has anyone skipped the question and still got an interview????? pls help
Hi there

As part of the selection process for Fashion Design we ask students to answer a questionnaire. The fashion tutors need to be able to get an idea of you as a practitioner and your current breadth and depth of fashion related knowledge. This is not just on the practical side of design work. They are also keen that you use this process to help to identify you as an individual.

I would advise that you do try to complete the section on books you've read even if you haven't read a book. Think about how you have been influenced by fashion in other ways such as blogs or magazines or newspapers. The course team will need to know you have read around your subject a little bit. If not through a book then there will be other types of media you have read I'm sure. It's a case of making the most of what you have and getting that across on the questionnaire. Its crucial that you complete your questionnaire so you can be shortlisted for interview.

Best of luck

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Westminster
    All campuses Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20
    All campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Mar '20
    All Departments will be open. Postgraduate
    Sun, 3 May '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
6.94%
They've been reasonable (71)
41.04%
Not feeling great... (45)
26.01%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)
26.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise