ba0807
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, does anybody else have an open offer/ know much more info about them.

I have an open offer for earth science, originally applied to St Peter's.

Thanks
Iberianlanguage
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi! I'm in the same boat as you, I received an Open Offer from Trinity for MFL today. I've done a bit of reading on it and I think it basically means that if you firm Oxford as your first choice you're guaranteed a place to study your course at an Oxford college but you'll only find out which college on results day. If no other college has a place for you your original college is guaranteed to take you on so for you that'll be St Peters. I'm not entirely sure why but I think it's because of numbers and the amount of places per college. Regardless, you're sitting on an Oxford Offer so congratulations!!
ba0807
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Thankyou, I knew most of what you said, I was wondering if say somebody with an offer from the college I applied to and the same subject declined their offer or didn't make the grades, would I automatically get that place as I had originally applied there, or does the place just randomly go to an open offer holder?

Also congrats on your offer!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (231)
60.95%
No (79)
20.84%
Not sure (69)
18.21%

Watched Threads