When Should You Buy Your National 5 How To Pass and Pat Papers Book? Watch

AsianNerd:)
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I am currently in S3 and I am about to pick my subjects for next year in a few weeks.

I am almost at the point where I am about to pick my course choces for next year. Since I am a student with 100% Attendance and good behaviour, I recieved my first choices for S3.

I want to get a head start on enforcing habits to study as soon as I can. I plan on at least applying for a competitive Art school abroad as well as in the UK so it's always best to have above average (experience however, whole different topic).

Is there a specific time to buy the books? Are all of them the same or do you have to buy the most recent ones before the prelims/exams?

If anyone can recommend any cheap places/websites to buy these books too, that would be the most helpful thing.

I would appreciate if I can recieve some pointers on this. I probably sound clinically insane but I am interested in this stuff.

Thanks to anyone who replies to this question and or sees this. Have a nice day

- Xoxo AsianNerd
notquitemytempo1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by AsianNerd:))
I am currently in S3 and I am about to pick my subjects for next year in a few weeks.

I am almost at the point where I am about to pick my course choces for next year. Since I am a student with 100% Attendance and good behaviour, I recieved my first choices for S3.

I want to get a head start on enforcing habits to study as soon as I can. I plan on at least applying for a competitive Art school abroad as well as in the UK so it's always best to have above average (experience however, whole different topic).

Is there a specific time to buy the books? Are all of them the same or do you have to buy the most recent ones before the prelims/exams?

If anyone can recommend any cheap places/websites to buy these books too, that would be the most helpful thing.

I would appreciate if I can recieve some pointers on this. I probably sound clinically insane but I am interested in this stuff.

Thanks to anyone who replies to this question and or sees this. Have a nice day

- Xoxo AsianNerd
I'd say books at national 5 aren't are necessity but they do help so get textbooks for the subjects you struggle with/ want to do the best in. You don't need them for all your subjects. You can buy them when you want but I only used them when I had prelims and the final exams and sometimes for tests. Past papers are really important though but you can get most for free I don't think it is a need to buy pass papers but if you do buy the ones that are older like 2014/2015 because the recent ones can be found for free on sqa website. If you are doing maths I strongly recommend the website https://www.national5maths.co.uk/ it is very helpfull. When studying don't just read take notes or make mind maps and the most important thing is to do past papers. For the sciences textbooks helped but the English how to pass didn't really help at all. If you took geography a textbook is extremely useful, the brightred one helped me a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (78)
13.88%
1 (73)
12.99%
2 (71)
12.63%
19.57%
21.89%
19.04%

Watched Threads