Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi, just wanted to post as I'm hoping for a 2.1 in my degree - I'm in my final year.

Just a bit nervous as in one of my modules in first year I got a low 2.2 and in one of my modules in second year was a high 2.2. There was some personal issues at the time and think that's why two of the results were not my best. All of my other modules including third year so far have been mid to high 2.1s, and a first in one of my final year modules. Is it possible for me to get a 2.1 overall even if I got a low 2.2 in one module in first year and a high 2.2 in one module in second year? Also first year is worth 10%, second is 30% and final year is 60%.

Thanks in advance
Teacher2Bee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, just wanted to post as I'm hoping for a 2.1 in my degree - I'm in my final year.

Just a bit nervous as in one of my modules in first year I got a low 2.2 and in one of my modules in second year was a high 2.2. There was some personal issues at the time and think that's why two of the results were not my best. All of my other modules including third year so far have been mid to high 2.1s, and a first in one of my final year modules. Is it possible for me to get a 2.1 overall even if I got a low 2.2 in one module in first year and a high 2.2 in one module in second year? Also first year is worth 10%, second is 30% and final year is 60%.

Thanks in advance
Check how your university works out your degree classification. My university only counts my 3rd and 4th year.
WazzWazz98
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Thanks in advance
depends on the weightings of your "modules", and whether they are essential ones or optional potentially?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Thank you!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Also if my overall for first year was 61.5 - does that get rounded up to 62 or is that just 61??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (89)
13.15%
1 (89)
13.15%
2 (86)
12.7%
19.05%
22.16%
19.79%

Watched Threads