Tabs467
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am in the second year and I am going to take a suspension of studies and I am considering deciding to go to a different university and restarting my second year there in September.

I was wondering whether I can still get funding for the two more years at a different university starting from September after I have claimed the 60 days funding now.

Also, are the 60 days funding automatic once the university has told them I am suspending or is there some other process I need to do with student finance myself.

Thanks
SFE Ashley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tabs467)
I am in the second year and I am going to take a suspension of studies and I am considering deciding to go to a different university and restarting my second year there in September.

I was wondering whether I can still get funding for the two more years at a different university starting from September after I have claimed the 60 days funding now.

Also, are the 60 days funding automatic once the university has told them I am suspending or is there some other process I need to do with student finance myself.

Thanks
Hi there,

You do not need to inform us of your suspension if your university has already done this, we add 60 extra days of funding if you have suspended due to health reasons.

Can you please confirm how many year of study you have done in higher education? And just to confirm, you will enter year 2 of a 3 year course once you return to study?

Thanks, Ashley.
Tabs467
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Ashley)
Hi there,

You do not need to inform us of your suspension if your university has already done this, we add 60 extra days of funding if you have suspended due to health reasons.

Can you please confirm how many year of study you have done in higher education? And just to confirm, you will enter year 2 of a 3 year course once you return to study?

Thanks, Ashley.
I have spent two years in higher education as I am suspending in my second year.

And I will be restarting from year 2 of a 3 year course at mostly likely a different university.
Tabs467
Rep:
?
I have spent two years in higher education as I am suspending in my second year.

And I will be restarting from year 2 of a 3 year course at mostly likely a different university.
So by the end of it, I would have used 4 of my tuition years
SFE Ashley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Based on the information provided, you will be eligible to receive full funding for years 2 and 3 of a new course.

Thanks, Ashley.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (107)
28.38%
1 (61)
16.18%
2 (54)
14.32%
3 (60)
15.92%
4 (28)
7.43%
5 (25)
6.63%