nanopherius
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I got offers to study music in Durham, York, Birmingham, Royal Holloway, and Southampton.
I am not that bothered by how prestigious the university is, but I really care about the music scene in the city, the opportunity I can get as a performer and the career prospect. I want to get exposure and experience as a performer and composer so that I can actually get a job in the future. Which uni do I choose?
EdméeJsln
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
hey!
I know Durham is ranked #1 in the UK for Music so by getting a degree there, they will provide you with great contacts in the industry... However Royal Holloway is in London, so you will definitely get more exposure there than in Durham due to the fact that a wider variety of people will be able to see your work. It really depends if you value the quality of your degree over the exposure you will get... If I were you I would go to Durham because I don't think going there really will restrict you from getting a job but will actually increase the chance due to the value of the degree, but i'd totally understand if you'd rather not go in the middle of nowhere...
Also, I really don't want to seem rude to your uni choice or anything but Im a firm believer that conservatoires are more appropriate for Music than unis but that's just my stubborn opinion😳
Hope this helped and well done on getting so many offers!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

14.01%
12.35%
12.47%
18.05%
23.28%
19.83%

Watched Threads