Can I add in a sixth option?????? IS it POSSIBLE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Watch

Ruhab Dabeer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I had applied for UCAS at November 25th of 2019 and I picked Chemical Engineering with five options at Universities of Bradford, Sheffield , Sheffield Halam , Birmingham and Manchester. I was just thinking is there any way I could maybe do Chemistry Foundation Year at Manchester
Help is MASSIVELY REQUIRED
novasae
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
clearing on the day only option
Shibu the Doge
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
:bump:
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No.
However if you end up with no offers, or you decline all your offers, then you can apply through UCAS Extra to other courses from January 15th until Clearing opens in July. But you cannot be holding an offer of any kind if you apply through UCAS Extra (so Clearing is not the only option)
Ruhab Dabeer
Rep:
?
(Original post by novasae)
clearing on the day only option
Wdym
Clearing
Like can I instantly do it
Ruhab Dabeer
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shibu the Doge)
:bump:
plz answer thread question
Shibu the Doge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ruhab Dabeer)
plz answer thread question
If all of your 5 choices have been rejected, you can apply to 1 more course through UCAS Extra.
Ruhab Dabeer
Rep:
?
If all of your 5 choices have been rejected, you can apply to 1 more course through UCAS Extra.
But what if I also get rejected there as well
Shibu the Doge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
But what if I also get rejected there as well
Then you need to apply through UCAS clearing. You can only do that if you don't get any offers/ you reject all of your offers.
Ruhab Dabeer
Rep:
?
Then you need to apply through UCAS clearing. You can only do that if you don't get any offers/ you reject all of your offers.
In Clearing do I get more terrible offers to subjects I don't even like
Shibu the Doge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can choose what uni you want to go to and what course, so if you don't like a particular course don't choose it!
Some unis don't do clearing so check if the unis/ courses you want to apply do clearing
Ruhab Dabeer
Rep:
?
You can choose what uni you want to go to and what course, so if you don't like a particular course don't choose it!
Some unis don't do clearing so check if the unis/ courses you want to apply do clearing
Would Manchester University do clearing I aint too sure
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There is a UCAS course search tool (just google that and it should come up).
With Extra if you're not successful, you can start again and look for another course through Extra (see here). Similar thing with Clearing, you're not limited to just one extra application.
Some surprisingly good courses are available every year in Clearing.
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Chemistry at the University of Manchester was in clearing for 2019 entry
chloebird
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I had applied for UCAS at November 25th of 2019 and I picked Chemical Engineering with five options at Universities of Bradford, Sheffield , Sheffield Halam , Birmingham and Manchester. I was just thinking is there any way I could maybe do Chemistry Foundation Year at Manchester
Help is MASSIVELY REQUIRED
If all your choices get rejected OR you decline all your offers you can add one with UCAS extra ☺️ After that it will unfortunately have to be clearing
Shibu the Doge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm doing Astrophysics and last time I checked they do clearing on that course. What course you want to do?
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you get rejected or you reject ALL your choices you can apply through Ucas extra when it opens in late February. You select 1 course and university. If they reject you or your reject the offer you can move to another course until you find a course or university who gives you an offer you accept. If you get no offers you can then apply through clearing in July/August. Hopefully that wont be the case. You cannot just have a 6th choice. You should have thought about that choice before applying. The only other option would be to ring Manchester University and ask if they can change you to Chemistry foundation instead of Chemical Engineering.

Why are you looking at doing a foundation course in a different subject. You have several months to work to try and achieve the higher results required for the chemical Engineering course or ask Manchester to change you to the normal chemistry course.
Ruhab Dabeer
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
If you get rejected or you reject ALL your choices you can apply through Ucas extra when it opens in late February. You select 1 course and university. If they reject you or your reject the offer you can move to another course until you find a course or university who gives you an offer you accept. If you get no offers you can then apply through clearing in July/August. Hopefully that wont be the case. You cannot just have a 6th choice. You should have thought about that choice before applying. The only other option would be to ring Manchester University and ask if they can change you to Chemistry foundation instead of Chemical Engineering.

Why are you looking at doing a foundation course in a different subject. You have several months to work to try and achieve the higher results required for the chemical Engineering course or ask Manchester to change you to the normal chemistry course.
I want to do the foundation course because I am very certain that I can't reach AAB in my subjects.
Maybe If i get the grades in order to do Foundation Year I will ask if I can switch to Chemistry
Last edited by Ruhab Dabeer; 1 week ago
Ruhab Dabeer
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Chemistry at the University of Manchester was in clearing for 2019 entry
I am in for 2020/2021 entry basically September 2020
Ruhab Dabeer
Rep:
?
I'm doing Astrophysics and last time I checked they do clearing on that course. What course you want to do?
Chemical Engineering or Chemistry if my mind is changed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (9)
20.93%
My career doesn't need one (4)
9.3%
I'm sick of studying (10)
23.26%
I can't find a course I want to do (1)
2.33%
I don't know enough about them (3)
6.98%
Nothing, I'm going to do it! (16)
37.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise