Road rage on driving lesson Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
This morning I was just having a driving lesson and it was going fine until we got into a road rage. Basically we were doing independent and my instructor was told me what directions to do. So we were driving to Tesco car park and I dont know what happened, a guy was just in a BMW kept horning but I thought is that me or someone else then the guy opened the window and was swearing at my instructor then my instructor was swearing back, he said hes a learner driver, the other driver was like you should be teaching him as in me, so they were just swearing, shouting at each other then he called my instructor a long bearded ****. Nothing was said at me but I just dont know if I was making a mistake I asked my instructor and he said the bmw driver was horning everyone on the road, he told me to ignore him and my instructor said have a break then went to the toilet for a few mins. Im just not sure if I was doing anything wrong. My instructor said when we were waiting for his next student that he shouldve probably ignored the bmw driver but he kept horning. Im just worried if it was me that caused it and my instructor was trying to make me not worry me. Ive been in an incident before when it was my fault basically i was rolling back and nearly hit the Alfa romeo behind me but my instructor was shouting at me for that. This one my instrcto was saying ignore him, he was doing it to everyone, he mightve had a problem.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?
PizzaBoi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't worry, I don't get why those type of drivers think they own the roads. If you're in a driving instructors car with visable signing. People should be more cautious and patient with yourself. And your instructor would make it clear to you if you were making a major mistake.

The road rage driver can go f**** himself. People tend to forget they once were new drivers. But nope, few years later they think their michael schumacher. I've driven behind plenty of learners. I always give them the time of day and keep my distance in case they make a mistake.

Just try to stay calm and your main priority is ensuring your driving safe. So don't get distracted by an impatient prik slamming their horn.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
the BMW driver sounds like a complete bell-end. just forget about it.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i would not have chosen a Tesco car park for a driving lesson.... they are a nightmare even for experienced drivers
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've experienced it a few times, one where they went as far as following and tailgating me for around a mile. I deliberately drove slower to piss them off until they overtook me and drove off. The satisfaction was good. You should always remain calm and try to ignore and avoid engaging with road ragers, unless you really need to engage with them.
frantika
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This morning I was just having a driving lesson and it was going fine until we got into a road rage. Basically we were doing independent and my instructor was told me what directions to do. So we were driving to Tesco car park and I dont know what happened, a guy was just in a BMW kept horning but I thought is that me or someone else then the guy opened the window and was swearing at my instructor then my instructor was swearing back, he said hes a learner driver, the other driver was like you should be teaching him as in me, so they were just swearing, shouting at each other then he called my instructor a long bearded ****. Nothing was said at me but I just dont know if I was making a mistake I asked my instructor and he said the bmw driver was horning everyone on the road, he told me to ignore him and my instructor said have a break then went to the toilet for a few mins. Im just not sure if I was doing anything wrong. My instructor said when we were waiting for his next student that he shouldve probably ignored the bmw driver but he kept horning. Im just worried if it was me that caused it and my instructor was trying to make me not worry me. Ive been in an incident before when it was my fault basically i was rolling back and nearly hit the Alfa romeo behind me but my instructor was shouting at me for that. This one my instrcto was saying ignore him, he was doing it to everyone, he mightve had a problem.

What an absolute c*nt. I wouldn't worry about it, you're a learner: you have to make a few mistakes in order to learn. I nearly crashed into a lorry and my instructor shouted at me, but it's understandable lol. The bmw guy (Like they always do) forgot that he was a learner once too. Complete end of bell.
Toscana
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
mate, i had a similiar experience. i was on a lesson doing a reverse park and because i was still a beginner, i was taking my sweet time. next thing you know a white merc is bibbing us from behind and my instructor just said carry on, to which i did. what happened next? instructor almost got battered by a gang of hooded men that got out of the merc. it really do be like that sometimes
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Toscana)
mate, i had a similiar experience. i was on a lesson doing a reverse park and because i was still a beginner, i was taking my sweet time. next thing you know a white merc is bibbing us from behind and my instructor just said carry on, to which i did. what happened next? instructor almost got battered by a gang of hooded men that got out of the merc. it really do be like that sometimes
Have you passed your test yet though?
Anonymous #1
Did you end up passing your test?
Toscana
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you passed your test yet though?
i passed it a while ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PizzaBoi)
Don't worry, I don't get why those type of drivers think they own the roads. If you're in a driving instructors car with visable signing. People should be more cautious and patient with yourself. And your instructor would make it clear to you if you were making a major mistake.

The road rage driver can go f**** himself. People tend to forget they once were new drivers. But nope, few years later they think their michael schumacher. I've driven behind plenty of learners. I always give them the time of day and keep my distance in case they make a mistake.

Just try to stay calm and your main priority is ensuring your driving safe. So don't get distracted by an impatient prik slamming their horn.
Alright mate
Anonymous #1
i passed it a while ago
Nice
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've been cut up or pulled out on a few times whilst on a lesson, a few of which have ended up with me having to do an emergency stop. People love to take the piss with learners but you just have to ignore it and not give them the satisfaction of responding. At the end of the day they're the ones driving dangerously just to make a point, whereas you're driving safely.
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

BMW drivers are the thugs of the road. Women who drive range rover evoques are the stupid ones and Volvo drivers are just awful. Gross generalisation yes but borne out of years of driving.

You are a learner, we have all been there. Don't fret
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Holy cow, man. You don't think of driving instructor as being a particularly dangerous profession - or at least not in that way!
Last edited by anosmianAcrimony; 1 week ago
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
BMW drivers are the thugs of the road. Women who drive range rover evoques are the stupid ones and Volvo drivers are just awful. Gross generalisation yes but borne out of years of driving.

You are a learner, we have all been there. Don't fret
Hey, my dad used to drive a Volvo and he's a good driver. Your generalisation is indeed gross.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Acht you just get people like this, there's no way to win by reacting, tbh your instructor should have known that, DON'T do what he did.

Just like when you bump into someone in the street, 99% will nod, smile, say 'sorry/whoops/careful!' ect, but that 1% will just friggin explode with venom for how bad you've messed up their life for them, and the trouble with these people in cars is they think they can hide behind them, in the same way some weird people think the internet isn't 'real'
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I think most BMW drivers are like this, don't worry about it
i.hate.gcses
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
switch drivers often so you can make a fresh start every so often, thats what i do cos im so bad lmao
i.hate.gcses
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
if you think thats bad, my driving instructor shouts at me when i make a wrong move and always snatches the wheel out my hand. whenever we get into a trouble like that she always says its my fault and says you need to fix your turning look at the trouble youre causing. so dont worry he was probably just stressed with the guy and its not your fault. all driving instructors are a bit moody
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (5)
29.41%
My career doesn't need one (1)
5.88%
I'm sick of studying (3)
17.65%
I can't find a course I want to do (1)
5.88%
I don't know enough about them (1)
5.88%