The Student Room Group

Why do I get extra time in exams ?

Hey guys I get extra time in ALL my exams and i still do I don’t know why I’ve got a letter thing saying “additional learning needed: global learning” does anybody know what that means ? I don’t need extra time at all I usually finish before my exams time has ended never mind extra time I’m not sure what to think of it . I think I get it because I’ve always used to be extremely shy I’m less shy now and I’m not “white” and my “first” language is Arabic and my second language is English apparently but I would say my first language is English since I know it wayyyyyy more , but I know so many other people that don’t have English as their first language and don’t get extra time ? I don’t know I’m just so confused why I even get it
Your special
Reply 2
Original post by davesantana
Your special

I’m not , I have nothing wrong with me I’m normal and have no problems like ADHD, autism or anything I’m just shy that’s it ...
Original post by Anonymous
I’m not , I have nothing wrong with me I’m normal and have no problems like ADHD, autism or anything I’m just shy that’s it ...

Talk to the SENCo as you should understand ...
I wouldn’t be complaining about extra time
Reply 5
Original post by PotatoFruit
I wouldn’t be complaining about extra time

Haha yeah that’s why I haven’t even asked why I get it in case I don’t need it anymore or if they made an mistake and will figure it out because I’m asking them why I’m getting extra time and then they will stop giving me it .Like There’s absolutely no valid reason I should get it apart from be being daft, lazy and shy but they aren’t reasons for me to get it. I just feel like an outcast by getting it and don’t use it at all when i get it in the main exam hall only when they put me in another room with a bunch of other kids

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending