bachelor's of science Vs bachelor's of art Watch

'_'
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
difference between bachelor's of science and art for marketing????
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is this at the same or different university?
Pharyngotympanic
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Job prospects
'_'
Rep:
?
I just wanted to know generally. I'm applying Marketing BSc. but I've seen a few BA ones. I get the impression that BSc is better for marketing but idk
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by '_')
I just wanted to know generally. I'm applying Marketing BSc. but I've seen a few BA ones. I get the impression that BSc is better for marketing but idk
It'll be to do with the modules. I doubt it will affect your job prospects - there are far more important factors.
'_'
Rep:
?
true
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It doesn’t indicate anything about the course content and doesn’t affect employability.

It reflects the decision of a university committee years (maybe even decades) ago when the course or department was first set up.

You need to look at the detailed course and module information. A BA can often include more quantitative modules than a BSc.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PQ)
It doesn’t indicate anything about the course content and doesn’t affect employability.

It reflects the decision of a university committee years (maybe even decades) ago when the course or department was first set up.

You need to look at the detailed course and module information. A BA can often include more quantitative modules than a BSc.
A BSc tends to be more technically rigorous and except for outliers (Durham), better unviersities tend to offer a BSc in their business schools. Weaker universities prefer to confer BA degrees in business, in order to minimise technical requirements.. Meaning usually alot less statistics.
Last edited by Realitysreflexx; 1 week ago
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
A BSc tends to be more technically rigorous and except for outliers (Durham), better unviersities tend to offer a BSc in their business schools. Weaker universities prefer to confer BA degrees in business, in order to minimise technical requirements.. Meaning usually alot less statistics.
That isn’t true. BA/BSc does not indicate anything about the course content. There are BA courses with far more statistics/accounts/economics content than BScs.

“Weaker” universities don’t “prefer” to offer BAs...some universities just had (or have) their business courses within humanities and social science faculties that didn’t have the ability to validate a BSc degree at the time the courses were created.

BA/BSc is a legacy of committee decisions from years or decades ago and not reliant on the course content.

The sole exception to this is where a single university offers a BA and a BSc in the same subject and uses the different awards to differentiate between two similar degrees.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PQ)
That isn’t true. BA/BSc does not indicate anything about the course content. There are BA courses with far more statistics/accounts/economics content than BScs.

“Weaker” universities don’t “prefer” to offer BAs...some universities just had (or have) their business courses within humanities and social science faculties that didn’t have the ability to validate a BSc degree at the time the courses were created.

BA/BSc is a legacy of committee decisions from years or decades ago and not reliant on the course content.

The sole exception to this is where a single university offers a BA and a BSc in the same subject and uses the different awards to differentiate between two similar degrees.
Nope, weaker universities offer BA's on average.

Nearly all RG offers BSc's.

I've spent countless hours looking at all kinds of business courses for fun (nerd, geek, need a life), and I study management (as you know) . I'm pretty sure i know what's going on in my field. 😂

Do some research take 5 high ranked unis and 5 low ranked uni's and you'll see the trend.

London met
Chichester
Leicester
Middlesex
Coventry
Regents University

When you google... BA marketing
All BA uni's.

BsC Marketing first 5

Manchester
Bristol
Southampton
Kent
York
Essex....
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nope, weaker universities offer BA's on average.

Nearly all RG offers BSc's.

I've spent countless hours looking at all kinds of business courses for fun (nerd, geek, need a life), and I study management (as you know) . I'm pretty sure i know what's going on in my field. 😂

Do some research take 5 high ranked unis and 5 low ranked uni's and you'll see the trend.

London met
Chichester
Leicester
Middlesex
Coventry
Regents University

When you google... BA marketing
All BA uni's.

BsC Marketing first 5

Manchester
Bristol
Southampton
Kent
York
Essex....
Have you ever sat on a programme/course validation panel?
Spoken to anyone who has produced a programme proposal or programme/course specification?

You’re talking nonsense. I’ve done both of the above at a number of universities (including one of your “high ranked” list in your post). The decision on whether to award a BA or BSc has nothing to do with course content.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PQ)
Have you ever sat on a programme/course validation panel?
Spoken to anyone who has produced a programme proposal or programme/course specification?

You’re talking nonsense. I’ve done both of the above at a number of universities (including one of your “high ranked” list in your post). The decision on whether to award a BA or BSc has nothing to do with course content.
Sure. I'm off my rocker,

Unfortunately that list speaks for itself.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sure. I'm off my rocker,

Unfortunately that list speaks for itself.
I didn’t say that you are off your rocker. I said you were wrong.

As you know I’m not a student but a member of university staff with decades of experience - including in course design and development.

Which courses on your list offer exemptions from CIM exams? That and work experience is the most important thing in securing marketing jobs and promotions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (10)
21.74%
My career doesn't need one (4)
8.7%
I'm sick of studying (10)
21.74%
I can't find a course I want to do (1)
2.17%
I don't know enough about them (4)
8.7%
Nothing, I'm going to do it! (17)
36.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise