Does it matter if I fail English lit but do well in lang? Watch

RyanC_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
In my mocks, I got a strong 9 in language whereas, in literature, I barely scraped a 4.. does it matter if in the real thing I get like 7+ in lang but fail lit (since I feel like that could be very likely), like will I have to resit/will sixth forms still let me in?

Thanks
Last edited by RyanC_; 6 days ago
theprettyrainbow
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It’s all fine as long as you don’t fail language. Still, you should work to push your lit grade to at least a 5 so then you’ve got a C
RyanC_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by theprettyrainbow)
It’s all fine as long as you don’t fail language. Still, you should work to push your lit grade to at least a 5 so then you’ve got a C
Okay, thanks I am trying my best but my writing technique in lit must be awful like I just dont seem to get the marks 😂
theprettyrainbow
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Which exam board do you do? I mean l can help a bit since l do a level English lit 💀
RyanC_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by theprettyrainbow)
Which exam board do you do? I mean l can help a bit since l do a level English lit 💀
Thank you it's eduqas
OddOnes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It doesn't matter. My brother passed everything but English Lit because it really was not his thing. He's now at uni. No one has ever mentioned it.
RedRoseRiver
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Ideally you want to try and pass both, but I know when I applied for college you only need to have passed at least one. Worse comes to worse you may have to retake it in college. As long as you pass one of them you won't have to retake english at all (thats how my college does it at least). You'll still get into sixth form. You also need to have a certain grade if you want to do that subject at sixth form which I think is a grade 6 now, but theres normally some leniency anyway. Just try your best and I'm sure you'll be fine.
Last edited by RedRoseRiver; 1 day ago
lubasud
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by RyanC_)
In my mocks, I got a strong 9 in language whereas, in literature, I barely scraped a 4.. does it matter if in the real thing I get like 7+ in lang but fail lit (since I feel like that could be very likely), like will I have to resit/will sixth forms still let me in?

Thanks
omg how do you get a 9 in language
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (16)
7.69%
They've been reasonable (88)
42.31%
Not feeling great... (51)
24.52%
They are TERRIBLE! (53)