Shey29
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hey guys, so I applied for two Russel groups but haven’t gotten responses, one requires the LNAT which I overlooked in studying for so I don’t have a lot of faith that I’ll get the score needed for UCL. This means I’ll probably go to a non Russel group uni if the other ( no LNAT required) doesn’t respond, will I still succeed in a non Russel group uni?
wordsandroses
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Russel group doesn’t mean everything. It just means it’s a research uni so gets a lot of funding. Universities like St. Andrews which is top in the UK is not part of Russel group so I wouldn’t overthink it too much x
abcabc1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
A law degree is a law degree, if you cant get into a russell group you're still fine. Of course it helps but it's not the end of the world
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You'll be fine.
Put in the work, get a decent degree and some EC's and you'll stand a decent chance in succeeding. The RG name isn't everything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (5)
12.82%
They've been reasonable (15)
38.46%
Not feeling great... (10)
25.64%
They are TERRIBLE! (9)
23.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise