Loneliness on Study Abroad Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
This is my second term abroad in the USA, last semester was such a huge rollercoaster but, in the end, (November- December) I managed to secure 2 close friends. Before that I was with a group of people who began over time to no longer include me in their activities. It seemed I wasn’t wanted, and no contact was made by them over the holidays. Thankfully, I managed to meet 2 of the kindest people, this relationship felt so much better.

However, the 2 people I met have transferred universities and I now feel alone. I wasn’t looking forward to returning after having spent time with loving family and friends back home. Being an international student, I just feel so secluded and I want to replicate what I managed to obtain last semester, but it’s hard getting someone to hang out with you after class. I don’t know, the US culture is different. Feels like friendships are a lot more short-term and people just interested in meeting many people.

Basically, any advice on how you can get a British cheap to burst out this bubble and make at least 1 friend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (7)
9.46%
They've been reasonable (28)
37.84%
Not feeling great... (23)
31.08%
They are TERRIBLE! (16)
21.62%

Watched Threads