The Student Room Group

Am I being over dramatic about lying boyfriend

So, when I first met my current boyfriend and we were sleeping together, he had a girlfriend that I had no idea about - then he broke up with her and a few months later we got together.He had always told me he barely knew her when he met me and swears blind it was nothing.But I just found out they’d had known eachother and had been actively seeing eachother like eight months before I even met him.Now I’m just paranoid that he’s lied to me about the consistently for months, and I’m worried if he’d do it to her he’d do it to me.However I also have anxiety and could just be being over dramatic.Do I confront or just leave it?Someone help pls
Reply 1
You're right to worry. I'm not saying you should break up with him for it, but definitely try find out why he'd lie to you. I don't understand people who lie about important things like these. You're not being dramatic. Figure it out because you deserve an answer.
So lemme get this straight - he cheated on his previous girlfriend with you, and then lied to you about it?
Nobody's perfect.

How has he been treating you since he became your boyfriend?

If he has been - overall - good enough, then stick with him and don't worry about him being evasive about his romantic past.
If he hasn't been good enough, give him a chance to improve - preferably through you giving him the most indirect and diplomatic constructive criticism with him instead of having blazing rows. If he doesn't improve, leave him and find someone else.

His overall behaviour to you is far more important than the odd lie here and there.
Original post by Poppycooks123
So, when I first met my current boyfriend and we were sleeping together, he had a girlfriend that I had no idea about - then he broke up with her and a few months later we got together.He had always told me he barely knew her when he met me and swears blind it was nothing.But I just found out they’d had known eachother and had been actively seeing eachother like eight months before I even met him.Now I’m just paranoid that he’s lied to me about the consistently for months, and I’m worried if he’d do it to her he’d do it to me.However I also have anxiety and could just be being over dramatic.Do I confront or just leave it?Someone help pls

Dump him, the fact you are worried about it means that you know he will do this to you.

I don't want to sound like a pessimistic but he cheater on her, with you, then lied to you. He will more than likely do the same to you.

You deserve better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending