The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL IAL Bio Unit 3 15 Jan

How was the exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Didn't know that DCPIP explanation, other than that all g
Reply 2
Couldn't do that DCPIP explanation, other than that all g
It was okay, What did yall get for diameter of fibre?
Reply 4
Original post by tryingtostudy33
It was okay, What did yall get for diameter of fibre?

don't remember exactly..it was the force/tensile strength which I think was 250*10^6 Pa
Reply 5
Original post by AsithU
Couldn't do that DCPIP explanation, other than that all g

That was a wierd one..I think I wrote something like vitamin C is an antioxidant which reduces the risk of developing CVDs which are diseases of the heart and blood vessels
Original post by psukroo
That was a wierd one..I think I wrote something like vitamin C is an antioxidant which reduces the risk of developing CVDs which are diseases of the heart and blood vessels

omg samee
Original post by psukroo
don't remember exactly..it was the force/tensile strength which I think was 250*10^6 Pa

oh I did 10^3 noooo:frown:
Reply 8
omg samee

Hope that's right:biggrin: The rest of the exam was super easy. Though what did you write for the concentration of vitamin C in lemon juice (carton)? I left the calculation but wrote the answer because it was literally there on the next page in the bar chart
Reply 9
oh I did 10^3 noooo:frown:

Oh! It was 250 Mega pascals (which is 10^6)
Original post by psukroo
Hope that's right:biggrin: The rest of the exam was super easy. Though what did you write for the concentration of vitamin C in lemon juice (carton)? I left the calculation but wrote the answer because it was literally there on the next page in the bar chart

Idk tbh I cant remember but i know my answer will be wrong, i didn’t get what they meant
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
Idk tbh I cant remember but i know my answer will be wrong, i didn’t get what they meant

Ah...I knew they wrote in a confusing way. I'd actually left it till the last minute but they had shown the concentration for all types of juices in the bar chart on the next page so I just measured it from there...It was 0.6 mg/dm3
Original post by psukroo
Ah...I knew they wrote in a confusing way. I'd actually left it till the last minute but they had shown the concentration for all types of juices in the bar chart on the next page so I just measured it from there...It was 0.6 mg/dm3

What about the percentage of vitamin C in lime or smth like that, wht did u get?
Reply 13
What about the percentage of vitamin C in lime or smth like that, wht did u get?

I just divided it...I don't remember exact numbers but I think it was 0.4 over 9. Something...It just said percentage of fresh over that of carton like juice so divided carton over fresh tomes 100 to get percentage. What did you get?
Original post by psukroo
I just divided it...I don't remember exact numbers but I think it was 0.4 over 9. Something...It just said percentage of fresh over that of carton like juice so divided carton over fresh tomes 100 to get percentage. What did you get?

Yeah i did the same, it was 0.4/9.4
Reply 15
Yeah i did the same, it was 0.4/9.4

Are you giving the chem too?
Original post by psukroo
Are you giving the chem too?

yes are you
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 17
yes are you