LauraRosex
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Got the grade back for my 2nd assignment, really though I did well, the grade I got was 52 and just feel like such a failure. I attended all of the help sessions and worked on it non stop just to get such a bad grade. Then there are other students who start it on the week it's due and they end up with a 62.
vk0109
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by LauraRosex)
Got the grade back for my 2nd assignment, really though I did well, the grade I got was 52 and just feel like such a failure. I attended all of the help sessions and worked on it non stop just to get such a bad grade. Then there are other students who start it on the week it's due and they end up with a 62.
Hey! I am exactly in the same position right now at Uni. Thought I did my exam and my lab report well but I got a very low grade...52 in the exam and a very very unexpected 42 in my report which just broke me down because I don't even think I deserve the mark for the report. It's kinda hard isn't it at these times? I know students who started working on it two weeks or even a week before an they got a higher mark than me which is kind of frustrating to think about when I think about all the hard work I put into my assignment!!
LauraRosex
Rep:
?
(Original post by vk0109)
Hey! I am exactly in the same position right now at Uni. Thought I did my exam and my lab report well but I got a very low grade...52 in the exam and a very very unexpected 42 in my report which just broke me down because I don't even think I deserve the mark for the report. It's kinda hard isn't it at these times? I know students who started working on it two weeks or even a week before an they got a higher mark than me which is kind of frustrating to think about when I think about all the hard work I put into my assignment!!
Exactly, I know I'm not very academic but I thought I did well and just so disappointed and just know I'll have to give up on doing a masters. I'm studying animal behaviour and want to work within that type of industry but I just feel lost.
Popsicle_pirate
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Did you get feedback so you know where to improve next time? I'm not sure why it matters when someone else started their assignment, they would have been marked using the same grading system...
LauraRosex
Rep:
?
(Original post by Popsicle_pirate)
Did you get feedback so you know where to improve next time? I'm not sure why it matters when someone else started their assignment, they would have been marked using the same grading system...
Yeah its mostly on my grammar that I need to work on
vk0109
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Popsicle_pirate)
I;m doing Biomedicine and though the grading is the same, different lectureres have different perceptions on the subject and we can't obviously satisfy each and every one of them is what I feel. I thought I did so much better in my assignment than last year but when i saw the grade, I was so shattered and it kept bugging me almost a week..even now actually..
But there's no point in going and arguing to the teacher as well as they are definitely not gonna re-mark our assignment so,...it's not useful i guess..
vk0109
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by LauraRosex)
Exactly, I know I'm not very academic but I thought I did well and just so disappointed and just know I'll have to give up on doing a masters. I'm studying animal behaviour and want to work within that type of industry but I just feel lost.
Don't worry! Don't lose hope...we just have to keep going no matter what happens in these moments and they just put us down! So don't lose focus now! You can definitely improve next time i'm sure!
All the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
6.94%
They've been reasonable (71)
41.04%
Not feeling great... (45)
26.01%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)