The Student Room Group

MA Social Work Cardiff University Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Congrats Matt and Courtney on your offers so far!
I’m still waiting to hear off Cardiff so keeping my fingers crossed.
Original post by Bumblevee91
Congrats Matt and Courtney on your offers so far!
I’m still waiting to hear off Cardiff so keeping my fingers crossed.

Thank you so much! Good luck with Cardiff!:smile:
Anyone got any more news on offers?😊 Has anyone else had an offer from Swansea?
Original post by courtneyls
Anyone got any more news on offers?😊 Has anyone else had an offer from Swansea?

I just realised I never replied here to say I’ve been offered an interview haha! It’s on Thursday at Cardiff so I’ve just spent the last few days prepping.
Did Swansea do a group interview or role play? Cardiff just says about a brief introduction in the morning and then the interview time.

It has stated about what to prepare for but no mention of group interview or role play which I was half expecting 🤔
I just realised I never replied here to say I’ve been offered an interview haha! It’s on Thursday at Cardiff so I’ve just spent the last few days prepping.
Did Swansea do a group interview or role play? Cardiff just says about a brief introduction in the morning and then the interview time.

It has stated about what to prepare for but no mention of group interview or role play which I was half expecting 🤔

We had a writing task then a group discussion, then the individual interview in Swansea! Not sure about Cardiff though🤔 good luck for your interview!
We had a writing task then a group discussion, then the individual interview in Swansea! Not sure about Cardiff though🤔 good luck for your interview!

Thank you! Did they mention that in your invitation to interview letter or did it just mention the briefing session and interview?

I’m assuming they are all pretty much the same due to the nature of the course. Wish I had applied to Swansea now for comparison 🤦🏻*♀️
Thank you! Did they mention that in your invitation to interview letter or did it just mention the briefing session and interview?

I’m assuming they are all pretty much the same due to the nature of the course. Wish I had applied to Swansea now for comparison 🤦🏻*♀️

Yeah I’m pretty sure it said in the invitation to interview that we had a group discussion! How are you feeling about the interview?
Yeah I’m pretty sure it said in the invitation to interview that we had a group discussion! How are you feeling about the interview?

Wavy. Most of the time I’m pretty confident and then I get a wave of uncertainty that I don’t know enough.
The wait afterwards will kill me off I think. Cardiff usually give their offers out at the same time end of Marchish from what I have gathered. But if I’m accepted that still gives me loads of time to sort childcare, and apply for bursary etc!
Have Swansea sent you anything yet bursary/ admissions wise?
Wavy. Most of the time I’m pretty confident and then I get a wave of uncertainty that I don’t know enough.
The wait afterwards will kill me off I think. Cardiff usually give their offers out at the same time end of Marchish from what I have gathered. But if I’m accepted that still gives me loads of time to sort childcare, and apply for bursary etc!
Have Swansea sent you anything yet bursary/ admissions wise?

Ahh I’m sure you’ll be alright, I wouldn’t stress! Yeah there’s still loads of time until September! They haven’t sent me anything yet no, still waiting on my references back as that’s one of the conditions of my offer! Hoping to get the Social Care bursary fingers crossed! But apparently there’s only so many they give out!
Reply 29
I’ve got a Cardiff interview on 26 March! :smile:
Hi all,
Weird question but does anyone know anything about offers/ interviews etc?
I’m assuming they have cancelled the remainder of the interviews so just wondering what happens next for us?
I saw Susan had emailed previously that they were hoping to get offers out beginning of April but naturally this will be delayed now... just trying to focus on something other than Corona 🤷🏻*♀️
Hi guys,

Hope you are all taking care of yourselves.

I had offers from both but have opted for Cardiff. It was really hard but Cardiff suited circumstances more.

Any one else confirmed their choice?
Original post by matty85d
Hi guys,

Hope you are all taking care of yourselves.

I had offers from both but have opted for Cardiff. It was really hard but Cardiff suited circumstances more.

Any one else confirmed their choice?

Yes I’ve confirmed Cardiff too!
Yes I’ve confirmed Cardiff too!

Ah cool
So we will be classmates :-)
September 1st it will fly by now
I got accepted today too! Really pleased, 😁congrats to you guys too!!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Marc11492
I got accepted today too! Really pleased, 😁congrats to you guys too!!

Congrats to you too..

Thats 3 then,I think its 50 on course?
Hi guys, I’ve accepted my place in Cardiff too! I’ve finally found people haha. Are you all travelling or moving to Cardiff?
Hi! I also got an offer to study at Cardiff! Can’t wait to start - hope everyone is staying safe 😊
Original post by Kellymarieowen1
Hi guys, I’ve accepted my place in Cardiff too! I’ve finally found people haha. Are you all travelling or moving to Cardiff?

Hey Kelly,
Congrats, I live in the Cynon Valley so good chance I'll be driving or catching train, but nothing confirmed yet.
What about you?
Original post by Lillyevest12
Hi! I also got an offer to study at Cardiff! Can’t wait to start - hope everyone is staying safe 😊

Congrats! September will fly by now.

Quick Reply

Latest