The Student Room Group

MA Social Work Cardiff University Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by matty85d
Hey Kelly,
Congrats, I live in the Cynon Valley so good chance I'll be driving or catching train, but nothing confirmed yet.
What about you?

Hey😊😊 cool! I live roughly an hour away (when there’s no traffic) so I’m moving to Cardiff, slightly nervous
Reply 41
Well done everyone on their offers! I’ve just had my interview as my last one I had to cancel as I was ill - fingers crossed!
I live in the Vale so I’ll be travelling in via car after dropping both my children to school/ childcare. Hoping there’s someone else coming from my way so we can car share as I’m not looking forward to paying parking everyday 😩😂
Goodluck Koala

Well as it stands I'll either train into Catheys from Aberdare or drive but it all depends on how often we are in etc.
Goodluck Koala

Well as it stands I'll either train into Catheys from Aberdare or drive but it all depends on how often we are in etc.

One of my friends has just finished the course now. She said first term is Monday - Thursday 10-4 and then placement on the Friday. It’s pretty much 5 days a week for the 2 years.

She also said they are extremely accommodating in terms of placement hosts which put me at ease as naturally I’ll have to be reasonably close to my home because of my children :smile:
Reply 45
I’ve got a place, so will be joining you guys too! :smile:
Original post by Koala2020
I’ve got a place, so will be joining you guys too! :smile:

Well done!
Just 4 months away!
Amazing😄 I can’t wait now
A group has been created on another site also to find people
Reply 49
Search on FB for MA Social Work Cardiff 2020
Original post by Kellymarieowen1
A group has been created on another site also to find people

Where too?
Reply 51
Hi everyone! I just found his thread, congratulations on all of your offers! I’ve just been offered an interview via Skype first week of June so nervous know not knowing what to expect with it all being virtual haha! Fingers crossed it goes well 🙈
Original post by Livxx97
Hi everyone! I just found his thread, congratulations on all of your offers! I’ve just been offered an interview via Skype first week of June so nervous know not knowing what to expect with it all being virtual haha! Fingers crossed it goes well 🙈

Hard to compare skype interview with face to face. Just be yourself, look at the values laid out in the code of social care practice, they dont ask anything out of left field. As all interviews they just want find out about you.
Reply 53
Original post by Livxx97

Hey! I had my interview via Skype, it was absolutely fine so please don’t worry! Just make sure you’ve read the code of professional practice, have your article notes to hand and can talk about your experiences to date in context. Have a glass of water to hand, and a nice quiet room - good luck!! X
Reply 54
Hard to compare skype interview with face to face. Just be yourself, look at the values laid out in the code of social care practice, they dont ask anything out of left field. As all interviews they just want find out about you.

Thank you!

Original post by Koala2020
Hey! I had my interview via Skype, it was absolutely fine so please don’t worry! Just make sure you’ve read the code of professional practice, have your article notes to hand and can talk about your experiences to date in context. Have a glass of water to hand, and a nice quiet room - good luck!! X

Ah fantastic thank you so much for that! How long after did you wait before finding out the outcome? Thank you :-)
Reply 55
Original post by Livxx97
Thank you!

Ah fantastic thank you so much for that! How long after did you wait before finding out the outcome? Thank you :-)

I think it was about 2 weeks later I found out.. although you may well find out sooner seeing as it’s a late interview. Fingers crossed for you! Let us know how it goes xx
Good luck
Reply 57
Thank you everyone! X
Hello i am due to start the MA social work course in September 2020 is there anyone on here that has been successful? Would love to hear off others that are starting the course.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by rachelmatthews94
Hello i am due to start the MA social work course in September 2020 is there anyone on here that has been successful? Would love to hear off others that are starting the course.

Hi Rachel,
Congratulations!
There are a few here that have accepted Cardiff.
Someone has set up a FB group. Try searching Social Work MA Cardiff 2020.
Its something like that.
Only 6 weeks!

Quick Reply

Latest