Gap Year travel buddies needed for Bali!! Watch

violetnuala
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey everyone,

I'm on a gap year this year, going to uni in September, and obviously want to do some travelling. I will be working till April/June and want to backpack Bali in July (I know this is high tourist season but it's the only time I can go )

I unexpectedly fell in love with the idea of Bali and desperately want to go, but realised I have no one to go with. The person I am travelling with for another trip can't come, so now I really want to find people to go with. Any tips on how to find people to travel with?
Last edited by Blue_Cow; 1 month ago
rosemcewan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Are you just going to Bali? I’d love to travel too!
violetnuala
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rosemcewan)
Are you just going to Bali? I’d love to travel too!
That was the plan, but I love travelling too so anywhere else would be cool!! Are you on a gap year too?
FutureDoctor2020
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by violetnuala)
Hey everyone,

I'm on a gap year this year, going to uni in September, and obviously want to do some travelling. I will be working till April/June and want to backpack Bali in July (I know this is high tourist season but it's the only time I can go )

I unexpectedly fell in love with the idea of Bali and desperately want to go, but realised I have no one to go with. The person I am travelling with for another trip can't come, so now I really want to find people to go with. Any tips on how to find people to travel with?
1. not ideal but find an organisation
2. Hostels tend to have lots of solo travelers
3. Post on FB a status ? im sure theyll be others going in July you know
4. You're going to have a blast in Bali
5. I found it very safe there if you decide to go solo -hotels/hostels very cheap
violetnuala
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by FutureDoctor2020)
1. not ideal but find an organisation
2. Hostels tend to have lots of solo travelers
3. Post on FB a status ? im sure theyll be others going in July you know
4. You're going to have a blast in Bali
5. I found it very safe there if you decide to go solo -hotels/hostels very cheap
Thank you so much for the advice! I’ve travelled alone/with friends before so finding an organisation isn’t a massive worry for me, but the rest of the stuff I will definitely keep in mind
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (468)
66.76%
No (233)
33.24%

Watched Threads