Nwxr
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Can I be given an unconditional offer from a university if I haven't provided a reference while applying through UCAS independently?
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Nwxr)
Can I be given an unconditional offer from a university if I haven't provided a reference while applying through UCAS independently?
You can only apply without a reference if the Universities agree to this, prior to you submitting your application.

That said if this is the case, Yes, Universities can choose to offer you whatever they feel is appropriate.
Nwxr
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by mnot)
You can only apply without a reference if the Universities agree to this, prior to you submitting your application.

That said if this is the case, Yes, Universities can choose to offer you whatever they feel is appropriate.
I've only informed them through phone. So, how will they remember me or know I have informed them?
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Nwxr)
I've only informed them through phone. So, how will they remember me or know I have informed them?
If they said it was ok, then youll be fine. If they ask you remind them of the phone conversation...

Ive never dont it, but my understanding is UCAS mandates you must contact them and they must agree you can submit without a reference, if they say ok then i think your fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (99)
13.15%
1 (94)
12.48%
2 (94)
12.48%
19.26%
22.58%
20.05%

Watched Threads