?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
what is it?

Bluebells602003
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It’s a 10 digit ref number which you are given when you first registered with ucas
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by SoSensational)
what is it?

It's a 10 digit number given to you by UCAS (they give you one when you apply but that can change once your application gets submitted). It becomes your login for UCAS Track.
username5120544
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
It's a 10 digit number given to you by UCAS (they give you one when you apply but that can change once your application gets submitted). It becomes your login for UCAS Track.
Oh, so essentially my Track login, as in my Personal ID?

So frustrating how they have different terms for the same thing. Saving me again and again, PQ. Thank you xx
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Oh, so essentially my Track login, as in my Personal ID?

So frustrating how they have different terms for the same thing. Saving me again and again, PQ. Thank you xx
Yes

UCAS changed their applicant ID numbering system about 10 years ago so they "renamed" UCAS number as "Personal ID" so that they could send through both numbers to universities at the same time while everyone brought their databases into line. I'm sure that they'll decide to call it something else again when they finally get round to sorting out the shabby Apply system but universities and students will always end up calling it "UCAS number" because that's the name that makes the most sense!
username5120544
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Yes

UCAS changed their applicant ID numbering system about 10 years ago so they "renamed" UCAS number as "Personal ID" so that they could send through both numbers to universities at the same time while everyone brought their databases into line. I'm sure that they'll decide to call it something else again when they finally get round to sorting out the shabby Apply system but universities and students will always end up calling it "UCAS number" because that's the name that makes the most sense!
Oh right! I am filling in an extenuating circumstances form for one of my choices (reatking so explaining why, any advice on this, feel free to give, my application is made though) and they asked for my UCAS number, either the form is very old or they just like to be confusing.

Thanks!
username5120544
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Yes

For further clarification, UCAS number and UCAS application number are the same, right? Thank
username5120544
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Yes

The form I need to fill with the UCAS application number is digital and I can make edits, so in the box next to 'UCAS application number', I am just going to put "personal ID: --------". Do you think this is correct? Sorry for the bother xx
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
For further clarification, UCAS number and UCAS application number are the same, right? Thank
Yes
Now there's only one number associated with your UCAS application and it's your Track login.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
7.02%
They've been reasonable (70)
40.94%
Not feeling great... (44)
25.73%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)