Browny2004
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Has anyone been accepted for a course without getting the GCSE grades they have asked for? I’m going apply to uni in September but they want 7 GCSE and I only have 4🙁
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Browny2004)
Has anyone been accepted for a course without getting the GCSE grades they have asked for? I’m going apply to uni in September but they want 7 GCSE and I only have 4🙁
Universities are quite strict with GCSE requirements. Can you resit the GCSE?
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
To clarify - do you mean a grade 4 instead of a grade 7, or do you only have four GCSE passes?
Browny2004
Rep:
?
I only have 4 GCSE passes, I didn’t sit 7 originally at school. Wondering if there is a way of sitting them as a mature student? I’ll be gutted if this holds me back
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I only have 4 GCSE passes, I didn’t sit 7 originally at school. Wondering if there is a way of sitting them as a mature student? I’ll be gutted if this holds me back
It won't just hold you back in uni, don't a lot of jobs ask for minimum five GCSE passes?
It should be possible to sit them at further education colleges, or you can sit them as an external candidate
Browny2004
Rep:
?
Even more reason to get them done
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Check with the university involved. The universities sometimes forego GCSE requirements for mature students..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

14.12%
12.24%
12.59%
17.88%
23.18%
20%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise