Masturbation leads to social anxiety? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
This is something that nofap on Reddit have been claiming for a long time. I’m speaking from personal experience here when I say that masturbation is the cause of my social anxiety. I’ll keep this as brief as possible.

Before I started masturbation, I was socially healthy and didn’t have any problems. After I started, I became a nervous wreck. Couldn’t talk to people (still can’t) and so self conscious. Obviously this didn’t happen straight away, it was a gradual process.

Also, whenever I leave masturbation for a short period of time (very difficult for me) I start to become less socially awkward. Admittedly, it doesn’t fully go away, but I can feel a difference. Similarly, when I binge for a relatively long period of time, my social anxiety goes through the roof.

Is there a reasonable explanation to this? Is masturbation the cause? Anyone else suffer from this?
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I dunno...u might be right. Masturbation feels wicked, so your brain is at ease a couple hours after. This probably gives you some serious lack of care about getting happiness from other people, when you give it to yourself. However most people pump one out at LEAST ONCE a week. This might only be a problem if you're not socially active regardless though or if you suffer low energy levels.

Offset anti social lethargy after masturbation with a good meal. Eat green stuff and be energetic before you masturbate, so that masturbation is a peaceful satisfying finish to the day, rather than an energy sucker before you leave bed for the day. I am so busy getting ready for work and so tired when I get home that I don't even masturbate anymore on workdays lol
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
I dunno...u might be right. Masturbation feels wicked, so your brain is at ease a couple hours after. This probably gives you some serious lack of care about getting happiness from other people, when you give it to yourself. However most people pump one out at LEAST ONCE a week. This might only be a problem if you're not socially active regardless though or if you suffer low energy levels.

Offset anti social lethargy after masturbation with a good meal. Eat green stuff and be energetic before you masturbate, so that masturbation is a peaceful satisfying finish to the day, rather than an energy sucker before you leave bed for the day. I am so busy getting ready for work and so tired when I get home that I don't even masturbate anymore on workdays lol
Yeah this is a good shout. What kind of foods/nutrients would I need to replenish then? What exactly does semen emotion release from your body, in terms of nutrients and vitamins etc
steamed-hams
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
in my experience after doing it don’t go out into the world with head held high and shoulders back

negative body language and just general bad thoughts after lower self esteem hence the anxiety

I have been doing no fap on and off for almost 5 years and by removing something that makes you feel bad which you do once maybe twice a day makes a huge difference to self esteem and happiness
Last edited by steamed-hams; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (56)
24.78%
My career doesn't need one (30)
13.27%
I'm sick of studying (46)
20.35%
I can't find a course I want to do (6)
2.65%
I don't know enough about them (16)
7.08%