mattcoolish
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, anyone from Poland or knowledgeable in requirements in Polish Matura? Can't see any info on Polish sites or forums, and my question is: Which UK unis accept in percentiles, and which in percent? Particularly looking at my current choices (St Andrews, Durham, LSE and Warwick), as far as I know the two latter use percentiles, but also other top unis in case some of those I mentioned accept only in percent.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
mattcoolish
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Couldn’t really find the right forum so I just went for what the TSR suggested, knowing that probably it was not interesy suitable. However, thanks anyway.
arekawek
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
As far as I know, Bristol and LSE have percentiles but most UK unis still have percentages ;(( I'm not sure you're right about Warwick though, I have applied there for law a week ago and the entry requirements were 80% from 3 extended subjects. I suggest you mail the 5 unis you're planning on applying to and just ask them (make sure you let them know what subject you're interested in because the requirements can vary depending on how competitive the course is) I did that with Durham and they got back to me really fast! Additionally, visit a Polish website: Smart Prospects (they have info on updated requirements for all universities in one place) Let me know if you need more info, I'll try to help
mattcoolish
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Thanks for your info!

I based my knowledge on Warwick on: https://warwick.ac.uk/study/internat...rements/poland which seems to be ambiguous, but I assumed that if they have mentioned percentiles, than they know what’s the difference and thus use it. Sorry to hear that they’re not... I’ve later found out (with The help of Smart Prospects in fact, though I think they could get it into one table instead of making people check every uni profile separately) that apart from those we have mentioned and Oxbridge also Southampton and Sheffield use percentiles - but I decided that I’d either go for the top Britain unis, or stay here at UW/SGH/UJ, which are barely worse (if at all) from some average Britain university.
Last edited by mattcoolish; 1 day ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (112)
28.5%
1 (62)
15.78%
2 (59)
15.01%
3 (62)
15.78%
4 (29)
7.38%
5 (26)
6.62%