Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi all, I have received offers for both Chester and Surrey and I can't decide which to put as my insurance and as my firm. Any advice would be amazing.
Emily_B
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Has one given you a higher conditional offer than the other? Putting down a place with a lower offer than your insurance is a big risk.
How easy is it to get to & from home?
Is one of them cheaper to live in than the other? (e.g. Chester's student accommodation appears to range from £85-£100 a week for non-uni owned self catered... just saying from living in an area with a high student population... can't speak for Surrey, though)
Was there something about one course that particularly appeals to you?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
do what feels right for you but as a student at surrey i would reccomend being cautious, a lot of people here feel dissapointed with surrey. It used to be good and high in legue tables etc but that standards have dropped and there quite low student satisfaction. But obviously if you dont care about reputation than thats fine. just go with what feels right for you
Anonymous #1
Thanks @emily_B Chester
1.chester has a lower offer
2. Both are similar in price
3. Both are the same distance from home
4. I do favour cheaters course more than Surrey but both are very good
5.Chester has a higher student satisfaction scores
Emily_B
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks @emily_B Chester
1.chester has a lower offer
2. Both are similar in price
3. Both are the same distance from home
4. I do favour cheaters course more than Surrey but both are very good
5.Chester has a higher student satisfaction scores
My next question being, which do YOU prefer? Seriously.
It's a difficult one. In some respects I'd say put Surrey 1st as they have given you higher entry requirements. BUT.. and that's a massive BUT here... if you prefer Chester's course, and you've clearly looked at the national student survey, I'd also be very clearly tempted by putting Chsstet 1st.
Another major question... have you been to both Chester and Surrey on both sunny and rainy days? (My 1st degree I had Liverpool as my 1st choice - still love the place - and Chsster as 2nd. Circumstances meant I ended up at Chester. I prefer Liverpool on a horrendous autumn/winter day during termtime than in the summer & I love Chester in all weathers!)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Emily_B)
My next question being, which do YOU prefer? Seriously.
It's a difficult one. In some respects I'd say put Surrey 1st as they have given you higher entry requirements. BUT.. and that's a massive BUT here... if you prefer Chester's course, and you've clearly looked at the national student survey, I'd also be very clearly tempted by putting Chsstet 1st.
Another major question... have you been to both Chester and Surrey on both sunny and rainy days? (My 1st degree I had Liverpool as my 1st choice - still love the place - and Chsster as 2nd. Circumstances meant I ended up at Chester. I prefer Liverpool on a horrendous autumn/winter day during termtime than in the summer & I love Chester in all weathers!)
hi, I haven't ben able to attend Surrey at all yet - I have an experience day in Feb but I may need to decide prior to that as I am waiting on one offer from a uni that wants A*AA which is higher than my predicted, and I fear they will reject me sooner with the deadline past. I've been to Chester in all weather as I know relatives who live nearby.
and your first question is a hard one and I will need to think
Emily_B
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi, I haven't ben able to attend Surrey at all yet - I have an experience day in Feb but I may need to decide prior to that as I am waiting on one offer from a uni that wants A*AA which is higher than my predicted, and I fear they will reject me sooner with the deadline past. I've been to Chester in all weather as I know relatives who live nearby.
and your first question is a hard one and I will need to think
Until you've been to Surrey, you won't properly know which you prefer. You may get there and hate it or may get there and love it!
Anonymous #1
Emily_B thanks for all the advice I’m going to wait until I visit Surrey to decide
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (222)
67.68%
No (106)
32.32%

Watched Threads