Order to play Persona Watch

Bree0
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
not sure if anyone will reply to this but I'm wondering how in terms of how the story flows should I play Persona. I am interested in playing and have already got p5 as i saw a copy in a steelbook. I'm not entirely sure how to play it as there are many spin offs, if you could just order the relevant games and If the animes become apart of the storyline that too. I'm not so interested in the spin-offs at the moment
thanks in advance
Advertisement
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
obviously play the persona 5 first

However, persona 5 the royal is literally a few months away from releasing and if you haven't started yet and can return the steelbook it might be worth going for that.

i don't think it matters which order you play the spinoff's tbh, having said that i haven't played them.
Bree0
Rep:
?
(Original post by ANM775)
obviously play the persona 5 first

However, persona 5 the royal is literally a few months away from releasing and if you haven't started yet and can return the steelbook it might be worth going for that.

i don't think it matters which order you play the spinoff's tbh, having said that i haven't played them.
Thanks for your reply. but I was wondering what games to play before p5, p5 is the only persona game I own and I'm guessing there's an order to play them in?
Advertisement
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bree0)
Thanks for your reply. but I was wondering what games to play before p5, p5 is the only persona game I own and I'm guessing there's an order to play them in?
Persona 5 is not linked to any of the previous persona games. Persona 5 is not a sequel.

You can get straight into playing Persona 5, it's a brand new story with brand new characters.

You know how each final fantasy game is a new game not linked to any others in the series [excluding the FFX and XIII spinoffs]
Bree0
Rep:
?
Persona 5 is not linked to any of the previous persona games. Persona 5 is not a sequel.

You can get straight into playing Persona 5, it's a brand new story with brand new characters.

You know how each final fantasy game is a new game not linked to any others in the series [excluding the FFX and XIII spinoffs]

ahh alright thank you so much! good to know I can just jump into a game without having to play prequels first
Advertisement
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yukikobestgirl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
None of them are linked story wise.
Persona 3 is the dark edgy gritty story if you're interested in that
4 is a murder mystery and 5 is about gentlemen thieves and that.
I haven't played too much of 3 tbh but 4 by far has a better cast than 5 imo
Advertisement
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
sequel?

Yukikobestgirl
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
sequel?

no it's a musuo/warriors game so it's a spinoff
Advertisement
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Yukikobestgirl)
no it's a musuo/warriors game so it's a spinoff
all the big game sites like ign/gamespot are saying it's a sequel

rcmotorboy
Badges: 17
Report 1 week ago
Persona 3 has some ties to Persona 4. Persona 3: FES just as a bit more content then Persona 3 as it adds on a story to the package.
Advertisement
Yukikobestgirl
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
all the big game sites like ign/gamespot are saying it's a sequel

it's not
it's a spinoff game it's likely canon cause the persona series does that but it doesn't really matter cause all the spinoff games are kinda dumb tbqh

(Original post by rcmotorboy)
Persona 3 has some ties to Persona 4. Persona 3: FES just as a bit more content then Persona 3 as it adds on a story to the package.
Persona 3 has like fifteen minutes relevant to persona 4 and it's just a fanservice moment really.
rcmotorboy
Report 1 week ago
Persona 3 has like fifteen minutes relevant to persona 4 and it's just a fanservice moment really.
Persona 4 has cameo appearances and scenes in Persona 3. Maybe the better way to explain that. I personally like spotting the redesigns in Persona 4 from 3. I'll have to check out Persona 5. May be more changes. That's just myself personally.

I can't be bothered playing Persona 1 and 2. They look boring!
Advertisement
Yukikobestgirl
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by rcmotorboy)
Persona 4 has cameo appearances and scenes in Persona 3. Maybe the better way to explain that. I personally like spotting the redesigns in Persona 4 from 3. I'll have to check out Persona 5. May be more changes. That's just myself personally.

I can't be bothered playing Persona 1 and 2. They look boring!
Persona 2 is really good tho.
SMT 3 is still the best megaten tho.
rcmotorboy
Report 1 week ago
Persona 2 is really good tho.
SMT 3 is still the best megaten tho.
Yeah? Maybe with Persona 2 but then a little point not playing Persona 1, and the PSP "remake" couldn't seem to modernise it at the time. May as well rush to play Megami Tenesi (Not Shin Megami Tenesi, which is a spin-off, just like Persona) but I think that runs on 80s hardware. The MSX that was only available in Japan.

I've played Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 and even played Raidou Devil Summoner, which I imported from Australia because it worked on European PS2 because it's the PAL edition. I've since sold it. I also got Devil Summoner 2 for the PlayStation 2. It was released in North America but I have imported it. I still have my edition with the plushie. The story is interesting but that's maybe the only reason to play the game. No one is missing anything and maybe they'll re-release it one day. Because the game is still in the 1920s in Japan, they designed the demons in a Japanese 1920s style. More like an art collectors item, then a game and because there's 120 million in Japan, 300 million people in North America, so that's the effort they make to entertain them. No one is missing out here.

SMT3? Oh the game where Tokyo curls up. Yeah I remember getting lost in that. The one with Dante from Devil May Cry. Yeah, I thought that was interesting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed