Girl expelled from School for posing in photo with Pride Rainbow Cake

Watch
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nbow-cake.html

"A few days after Kayla's birthday photo was posted online Dr. Bruce Jacobson, the Head of School at the private Christian school Whitefield Academy, contacted Kayla's family on January 6 with her notice of expulsion"

Ciel. CoolCavy 😐

Spoiler:
Show

Wow. Even I thought that was a bit harsh...

username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What a bunch of snowflakes ❄️
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
not surprised tbh. christian schools are messed up.
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Imagine getting offended by a cake , shame on the school
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ANM775)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nbow-cake.html

"A few days after Kayla's birthday photo was posted online Dr. Bruce Jacobson, the Head of School at the private Christian school Whitefield Academy, contacted Kayla's family on January 6 with her notice of expulsion"

Ciel. CoolCavy 😐

Spoiler:
Show

Wow. Even I thought that was a bit harsh...
She was in a christian school. She played herself IMHO.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It does seem very harsh.
Worthing noting this is an American school.
Playing devils advocate what is or is not tolerated by the school is clear, apparently, in their code of conduct.
If that has been breached then as a private school they have that right. I think there’s more to it
And just to point out, you’ve titled your post pride cake when the parent insists it is no such thing
Last edited by Sammylou40; 1 year ago
username3942526
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
not surprised tbh. christian schools are messed up.
Ehh I went to one for a couple years and it’s okay but different for sure
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sammylou40)
And just to point out, you’ve titled your post pride cake when the parent insists it is no such thing

Oh come on. That's a pride jumper and a pride cake!

The parents are just trying to get the girl back into the school
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

not necessarily. i mean, it's just a rainbow, not a pride flag.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

If that was the case the story would be very different
Girl expelled for being gay.
And if so why would you fight to get her back into a Christian school that is opposed to your daughter? Not going to be pleasant is it?
I disagree.
There is more to this story. For one the letter says continued breach, not a one off incident
Last edited by Sammylou40; 1 year ago
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
not necessarily. i mean, it's just a rainbow, not a pride flag.
If that was the case the story would be very different
Girl expelled for being gay.
And if so why would you fight to get her back into a Christian school that is opposed to your daughter? Not going to be pleasant is it?
I disagree.
The girl is obviously LGBT

She's literally got rainbows coming out of her ears.
No mother wants to see her child expelled, so I can see why she's trying to fake ignorance like that
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

No mother wants to see her child expelled, so I can see why she's trying to fake ignorance like that
maybe, maybe not.
my guess is, she is pro lgbt, and not afraid to voice her opinions, the cake probably isn't a one off thing.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Right. So I’d better stop wearing my rainbow jumper and shirt then. And my jammies. I wouldn’t want people to assume it means I’m gay
And her school record says voluntary withdrawal not expulsion so where’s the benefit?
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is unusual. I would expect the other way round, Christian getting expelled for being anti LGBT. Really shows that some people have a really long way to go.

I wonder if this will get the same response from the usual users....
Last edited by username3941996; 1 year ago
ANM775
Rep:
?
Right. So I’d better stop wearing my rainbow jumper and shirt then. And my jammies. I wouldn’t want people to assume it means I’m gay
And her school record says voluntary withdrawal not expulsion so where’s the benefit?
They negotiated to have the expulsion changed.

A quote from the NBC article on the same story:

"Alford said in an interview Tuesday that her daughter had been on probation since October for “some behavioral issues,” including cutting class and being caught with an e-cigarette. She said school administrators, “in a roundabout way,” told her that the probation wasn’t about her daughter’s “sexuality.” However, Alford did say some students were uncomfortable with her daughter’s “perceived sexuality.”

The discomfort, according to Alford, led a school counselor to give her daughter the book “Gay Girl, Good God,” whose author, Jackie Hill Perry, is a formerly identified lesbian who claims God stopped her from being gay. Alford said her daughter and the counselor had been meeting weekly to go over the book before Kayla was expelled."

She IS LGBT!

There's far too many co-incidences
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It does seem very harsh.
Worthing noting this is an American school.
Playing devils advocate what is or is not tolerated by the school is clear, apparently, in their code of conduct.
If that has been breached then as a private school they have that right. I think there’s more to it
If this is an American school then it’s really no surprised. Them conservatives love their religion to the point that they will refuse to accept certain people.
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by Red Rose Leftist)
This is unusual. I would expect the other way round, Christian getting expelled for being anti LGBT. Really shows that some people have a really long way to go.

I wonder if this will get the same response from the usual users....
Religious people are well known for their dislike of same sex relationships, I would have thought you would have known this.

I still remember attending a church when I was 19 and the pastor giving a speech about how he noticed two lesbians one day and went upto them and told them they are going to hell and won't make it to heaven and the WHOLE church clapped and shouted
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Religious people are well known for their dislike of same sex relationships, I would have thought you would have known this.

I still remember attending a church when I was 19 and the pastor giving a speech about how he noticed two lesbians one day and went upto them and told them they are going to hell and won't make it to heaven and the WHOLE church clapped and shouted
man, most religious people are monsters, lol.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Please remember, the same as every other group has it’s bad apples, you should not tar every Christian with the same brush. I am not anti gay nor do I ever act or speak with any homophobia. We are NOT all the same
I hope that and Ciel could back this up for example
ANM775
Rep:
?
Please remember, the same as every other group has it’s bad apples, you should not tar every Christian with the same brush. I am not anti gay nor do I ever act or speak with any homophobia. We are NOT all the same
I hope that AngryRedhead and Ciel could back this up for example
How awkward lol. ciel just posted the same time as you and called most religious people monsters
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.26%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (87)
28.34%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (117)
38.11%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (40)
13.03%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.26%

Watched Threads