Elliechrysa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi , I'm currently applying for the occupational therapy course. Any one applied too??? Also I was invited to attend a Skype interview does anyone know what the Southampton interview assessments are about?
Last edited by Elliechrysa; 2 months ago
Advertisement
itsokayitsokayy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I applied as well for 2020. I'm still waiting to hear back from some, but I have been given an interview for Northampton. Have you heard from any others? Good luck in your skype interview
Elliechrysa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by itsokayitsokayy)
Hi, I applied as well for 2020. I'm still waiting to hear back from some, but I have been given an interview for Northampton. Have you heard from any others? Good luck in your skype interview
Hihi, I've had 4 interviews and I've heard back from Northumbria, Southampton, Sheffield Hallam and Huddersfield. Which universities have you applied to and which have answered you?
Advertisement
itsokayitsokayy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh my gosh that's so many, I'm still waiting to hear back from 3, I'm so nervous.
I applied to Southampton, Northampton, Liverpool, Salford and Coventry. I only heard back from Northampton and Salford. How were the interviews? Did you get any offers?
Elliechrysa
Rep:
?
Oh my gosh that's so many, I'm still waiting to hear back from 3, I'm so nervous.
I applied to Southampton, Northampton, Liverpool, Salford and Coventry. I only heard back from Northampton and Salford. How were the interviews? Did you get any offers?
The interviews I felt went quite well I was really nervous tbh but some of them were mainly to just get to know me and wanted to make sure I knew what OT was and what I did to prepare myself for the career. Have you had any interviews yet?
Advertisement
itsokayitsokayy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No I've had no interviews yet, I've got one in March, but that's it so far. That's good, fingers crossed you got in. Did you have a group interview and an individual one as well? I'm most worried about the individual one
Elliechrysa
Rep:
?
No I've had no interviews yet, I've got one in March, but that's it so far. That's good, fingers crossed you got in. Did you have a group interview and an individual one as well? I'm most worried about the individual one
My interviews were Skype interviews because I don't live in the UK. I only had one to one with an interviewer or with 2 interviewers. The ones in person are different because you do group work too. Are you doing Skype interviews or? Welldone on receiving your invite though thats great! Best of luck. Don't feel nervous as long as your confident in the things that you say you'll be okay. At all the interviews i had they would always ask how did i prepare so far, like team work things, maybe any shadowing. Which one has invited you to an interview?
Advertisement
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elliechrysa)
Hihi, I've had 4 interviews and I've heard back from Northumbria, Southampton, Sheffield Hallam and Huddersfield. Which universities have you applied to and which have answered you?
Hey Elliechrysa

I just wanted to say that I hope your interviews went well! Good luck with your offers! Let me know if you have any questions about studying at Hallam or student life in Sheffield

-Ella
bellesm321
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey,what kind of questions have you been asked? I have interviews with Southampton, Liverpool, Sheffield and Cardiff coming up.I already had one with UWE Bristol but some of the questions where not at all what i was expecting. Along with that and being very nervous i don't think it went very well. But i want to be much more confident and prepared for the others. Any tips?
Advertisement
Elliechrysa
Rep:
?
(Original post by bellesm321)
Hey,what kind of questions have you been asked? I have interviews with Southampton, Liverpool, Sheffield and Cardiff coming up.I already had one with UWE Bristol but some of the questions where not at all what i was expecting. Along with that and being very nervous i don't think it went very well. But i want to be much more confident and prepared for the others. Any tips?
Hihi, well done for being invited to the interviews. My interviews were all over skype so if yours is in person it may go differently I'm not quite sure. I'm sorry to hear that you thought it didn't go very well I'm sure the others will go better. I think its really important that you understand the course youre applying for. The interviewers were friendly, they asked me why i wanted to do occupational therapy, what occupation I do that I would hate not to be able to do. They asked if i had any experience so like any shadowing, any like charity work, possibly any roles you under took in school? Some of the interviews were also situation based and they asked what i would do to help a person with a mental disability, and also asked me how I'd react if a a person didnt want to work with me at the time what I'd do in that moment. Some of the others just tried to get to know me better.
Elliechrysa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sheffield Hallam University)
Hey Elliechrysa

I just wanted to say that I hope your interviews went well! Good luck with your offers! Let me know if you have any questions about studying at Hallam or student life in Sheffield

-Ella
Thank you !!
Advertisement
bellesm321
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Okay thanks you so much. Yeah I feel I have a very good understanding and I really want this. Just need to not let nerves get the better of me Ahahaha. Have you heard back from any of your interviews and have any offered you a place? Good luck if you have anymore!!
Elliechrysa
Rep:
?
Okay thanks you so much. Yeah I feel I have a very good understanding and I really want this. Just need to not let nerves get the better of me Ahahaha. Have you heard back from any of your interviews and have any offered you a place? Good luck if you have anymore!!
Yea don't be nervous, as long as you know your stuff you have nothing to worry about. Ive received 4 offers so far. Have you gotten any offers or heard back yet?
Advertisement
noreenbarry123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I have an interview with Cumbria Uni, Sheffield and LSBU coming up. Does anyone know anything about the interview process?
bellesm321
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yea don't be nervous, as long as you know your stuff you have nothing to worry about. Ive received 4 offers so far. Have you gotten any offers or heard back yet?
I didn’t get into UWE but fingers crossed for the others. Feel a lot more confident this time around and done more preparation! Well done on your offers do you know where you are going?
Elliechrysa
Rep:
?
I didn’t get into UWE but fingers crossed for the others. Feel a lot more confident this time around and done more preparation! Well done on your offers do you know where you are going?
Aww, I'm sorry to hear. At least you feel more ready for the others now though. I hope they go amazing. Best of luck , let me know how they go. Not to sure where I'm going yet no still trying to decide. Where do you want to go?
bellesm321
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aww, I'm sorry to hear. At least you feel more ready for the others now though. I hope they go amazing. Best of luck , let me know how they go. Not to sure where I'm going yet no still trying to decide. Where do you want to go?
Thanks so much and yes I will do! Yeah it’s so hard to choose. Where did you get offers from again? And honestly don’t really mind but I do live in the south so would be a little more convenient to be closer to home but I am interested in all the ones I applied for.
Advertisement
Elliechrysa
Rep:
?
Thanks so much and yes I will do! Yeah it’s so hard to choose. Where did you get offers from again? And honestly don’t really mind but I do live in the south so would be a little more convenient to be closer to home but I am interested in all the ones I applied for.
I have Southampton, sheffield, huddersfield, northumbria. Yea i know what you mean I also dont mind struggling to make a choice, I'm also not in the UK so dont know much about what it be like to live in each place you know. If you dont mind me asking how old are you, ive seen that this course is various ages. Also are you doing them on skype or going to the interview?
Last edited by Elliechrysa; 1 month ago
kerrishayne
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I've had an offer from cardiff and I've put that as my first choice, my second choice is bristol uwe, good luck everyone!
bellesm321
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have Southampton, sheffield, huddersfield, northumbria. Yea i know what you mean I also dont mind struggling to make a choice, I'm also not in the UK so dont know much about what it be like to live in each place you know. If you dont mind me asking how old are you, ive seen that this course is various ages. Also are you doing them on skype or going to the interview?
Yeah I totally understand must be very hard to choose! And I am 21, what about you? And doing them all in person.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (200)
60.06%
No (72)
21.62%
Not sure (61)
18.32%

Watched Threads