ADVICE NEEDED! Adult Nursing Bournemouth University September 2020

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Over the moon! I have received an unconditional offer for Adult Nursing at Bournemouth University to start this September!

Big decisions to be made and I’m overwhelmed by the placement and accommodation choices, they all look great but not sure which will be the best for me!

I am classed as a mature student being 23 and moving away from my home in Surrey to Bournemouth, I have looked at various options mainly staying close to Lansdowne (Placement at Bournemouth Hospital) and staying at The Bayview Student Breeze hotel as it seems very reasonable with parking and food included. However I have also considered studying at Yeovil campus and having a placement at Dorchester hospital with hospital accommodation.

Any advice, recommendations or if anyone could suggest any tips, would be really appreciated!
maliboo99
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Over the moon! I have received an unconditional offer for Adult Nursing at Bournemouth University to start this September!

Big decisions to be made and I’m overwhelmed by the placement and accommodation choices, they all look great but not sure which will be the best for me!

I am classed as a mature student being 23 and moving away from my home in Surrey to Bournemouth, I have looked at various options mainly staying close to Lansdowne (Placement at Bournemouth Hospital) and staying at The Bayview Student Breeze hotel as it seems very reasonable with parking and food included. However I have also considered studying at Yeovil campus and having a placement at Dorchester hospital with hospital accommodation.

Any advice, recommendations or if anyone could suggest any tips, would be really appreciated!
Hello I’m moving to BU for masters n I’m a mature student too . I’m in the same boat ! I’m thinking to pick bayview breeze too as it’s cheaper as compared to university accommodations plus it’s catered ! Also I feel staying close to landsdowne is definitely better as there are so much more options for shops and restaurants and even grocery stores in landsdowne! Good to connect w you.
llub94
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello! I am sorry I cant offer any advice as I don't know the areas myself! But I have an interview with Bournemouth for the Nursing MSC at the end of this month. One of the things I was really worried about was being placed in Yeoville Campus - but reading your email it would seem like we actually get to choose where our placement is? Is that correct? If so then that is great
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.34%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.17%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.46%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.41%

Watched Threads