The Student Room Group

3 sciences at higher??

Hello, has anyone on here taken biology, physics and chemistry to higher and if so how is it? what kind of results have you been getting/got? And how much workload is it?. I got an average of 93% in the three sciences in my mock exams and I want to take all 3 but I'm not sure if it will be too much work. If you did them at A-level I would still appreciate advice.
I did this last year, although took higher human biology rather than just biology. In my final exams, I got an A in Human bio, a B in chem and a C in physics (I had a pretty crappy physics teacher) I found the workload to be quite a lot, although if you're an organised person with a decent study routine (which I am not at all) you should be able to manage it. It's all about just making sure you keep on top of things. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by kirsty2390
I did this last year, although took higher human biology rather than just biology. In my final exams, I got an A in Human bio, a B in chem and a C in physics (I had a pretty crappy physics teacher) I found the workload to be quite a lot, although if you're an organised person with a decent study routine (which I am not at all) you should be able to manage it. It's all about just making sure you keep on top of things. Hope this helps :smile:

Ok, thanks so much for your reply, I'm going to just go for it and see what happens
Original post by notquitemytempo1
Hello, has anyone on here taken biology, physics and chemistry to higher and if so how is it? what kind of results have you been getting/got? And how much workload is it?. I got an average of 93% in the three sciences in my mock exams and I want to take all 3 but I'm not sure if it will be too much work. If you did them at A-level I would still appreciate advice.

:wavey: I did all 3 for higher, and would say that the workload is comparable to people doing other subjects, so isn't something to worry about too much. It is a step up from Nat 5, but that's the case across all subjects, rather than being unique to the sciences. If you enjoy all 3 and feel like there's a high probability that you want to so something science based after school, then I'd say go for it :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, one of my friends took all 3 and she got an A in all of them. I think she found it quite enjoyable as some parts of the courses did cross over with each other although she is quite a sciene-y person! So if you enjoy science I don't see why not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending