?
Report 1 year ago
Everyone is not equal, therefore we need feminism
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I would say that everyone is not equal, and feminism isn’t going to change that.

Males and females are different by nature. Our bodies, brains and hormones are different in so many ways. As a result, feminism (which is a purely social phenomenon) can never engineer total equality.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by jackyjacks)
Evaluate the statement "now everyone is equal, we no longer need feminism
Flawed.
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
We are not equal, not yet. It is naïve to sit there demanding more 👏 female 👏war 👏 criminals 👏, to pretend that if the boards of weapons manufacturers are 50% women then equality has been achieved, and it's that sort of thinking that leads to some claiming the likes of Hilary Clinton and Margret Thatcher are feminist icons as powerful women when in reality they represent patriarchal systems as much as men - people talk of the glass ceiling breaking but never consider why the glass ceiling exists in the first place. In reality every aspect of society is geared towards inequality, from the commodity form and wage labour structure which creates the unpaid labour that is household management, a burden held predominantly by women due to the poor division of that labour, to the impact of policy failures by the right wing around war, healthcare, education and poverty, which disproportionately affects women, particularly women from marginalised backgrounds (e.g. working class, BAME, LGBTQ etc.). The entire premise of your statement is flawed
Just my opinion
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Men and women are both eating a **** sandwich. Just different fillngs.
Pinkisk
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by tazarooni89)
I would say that everyone is not equal, and feminism isn’t going to change that.

Males and females are different by nature. Our bodies, brains and hormones are different in so many ways. As a result, feminism (which is a purely social phenomenon) can never engineer total equality.
The same exact arguments have been taking place for over a century.

In the early 1900s feminism argued that disparities between the sexes were the result of sexism. People rebutted this claim by arguing that men and women are different. People argued that disparities where a natural consequence of these differences. It took a while, but feminism came up with a retort to this rebuttal. It's retort was as follows: "Gender is a social construct". "There are no differences between women and men". "Hence, all disparities are the result of sexism".
Last edited by Pinkisk; 11 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (4)
11.11%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (8)
22.22%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (18)
50%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (4)
11.11%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (2)
5.56%

Watched Threads