Funding part time MSc Therapeutic Counselling Uni of Greenwich Watch

Rzg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi!

I'm looking for some advice about funding the MSc Therapeutic Counselling at the University of Greenwich. It's a 3 year part time course , eligible for a masters loan. I've been trying to work out how much of the course the loan would cover, but it's not 100% clear. I really want to do this masters but have no idea how I'll afford it!

Does anyone have experience of funding this course? Did you go through Student Finance England? Or did you combine it with another loan?

Thanks!
SFE Erin N
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello,

The maximum postgraduate loan for the 20/21 academic year is £11,222. This would cover the full course and payments would be spread over 3 roughly equal instalments throughout the academic year.

Thanks, Erin N.
Rzg
Rep:
?
Thank you!
Is it possible to defer entry to the course by a year, after having applied for a loan?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rzg)
Thank you!
Is it possible to defer entry to the course by a year, after having applied for a loan?
Hi there,
If you apply for the loan and then decide to defer until the next academic year then you will need to cancel your application and apply again once the next academic year applications open up.
Thanks, Isaac.
Rzg
Rep:
?
Thanks Isaac! Do you think that would effect my chances of being granted the loan a second time?
Graeme SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rzg)
Thanks Isaac! Do you think that would effect my chances of being granted the loan a second time?
Hi,

So long as you don't receive any payments, this won't be a problem. Also - in order to be paid - the university needs to confirm that you're registered on the course. So, if you decide to defer, they shouldn't confirm this to us, and you won't be paid.

Like Isaac said, if you decide not to go this year, we'd recommend cancelling the application as soon as possible.

Thanks, Graeme
citytocountry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi, just jumping on the thread as I too am looking at possibly starting this course next year. Do you know how many hours/days you would be required to attend uni for the part time course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (250)
66.67%
No (125)
33.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed