The Student Room Group

Army - medical records how long....

Hello, I'm applying to join harrogate. I've had my face to face interview and my GP has emailed my medical records to the Army recruitment guys. I'm keen to get to the assessment weekend asap. How long should I expect it to take for them to look at ny medical records?
Original post by emmajf
Hello, I'm applying to join harrogate. I've had my face to face interview and my GP has emailed my medical records to the Army recruitment guys. I'm keen to get to the assessment weekend asap. How long should I expect it to take for them to look at ny medical records?

If it is similar to the RAF you will have a medical in person as well - my mate joined the army and did his selection up in Edinburgh i think it was and you have a medical assessment there to make sure you're 'healthy' enough to be in service ie. they'll weigh you, make you do a couple of funny walks across the floor to test your joints and test your hearing and eyesight? all in all it shouldn't take too long i imagine
Reply 2
Thanks for replying... it appears the army have already lost my medical records!! I could be in for a long wait
Original post by emmajf
Thanks for replying... it appears the army have already lost my medical records!! I could be in for a long wait

Applications can vary in length but you'll be in before you know it! Just focus on training for your fitness test, that was the most daunting part of the application process for me just because I have never really been a runner and press ups aren't my forte :')

Quick Reply

Latest