Where is the worst place you have stayed? Watch

FemaleinDress
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I would say a week in Scotland where I stayed on a bed couch all week , and it was the middle of nowhere.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FemaleinDress)
I would say a week in Scotland where I stayed on a bed couch all week , and it was the middle of nowhere.
One place called the Norforlk Hotel in Birmingham, that was an absolute dive. Also when I was sent to work at Pontins when it was under PGL, it was a place in Prestatyn, awful accomodation.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When I stayed in Lippstadt (70,000 citizens at the river the Lippe), a day when it was raining cats and dogs the almost the entire time.
williamho
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i have been hiking in Nepal. the Annapurna circuit (Himalayas region).
above the clouds, where it is damp from the clouds, cold and wet. And almost raining every night

the boiling water does not reach 100c because of the high altitude. so no warm water for a shower.
staying in lodges made from wood and metal sheets, no such thing as a 5 star hotel in the clouds. where the bathroom door have gaps with cold wind rushing in.
the water does not come from the reservoirs, only from the mountains side. so they put iodine to keep the water clean
where the bed is damp and cold
and there are only 4 hours of electricity every day . need to make use of the time to monitor the changing weather conditions such as snow

never take things for granted.
always appreciate the people, friends and family members around you. And also the basic necessities : water and electricity.
MoonlightRain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Kingsbury. Nothing King about it.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Probably a hostel in Amsterdam. I'd just come from travelling in Eastern Europe where all the hostels were clean, lovely, cheap... then I got to this one and there were insects around, flooded toilets, everyone was drunk or stoned, super noisy until... well morning really. Horrible.

I mean, I've also stayed in a bivvy bag on the side of mountains in the snow, on concrete floors, slept rough outside airports, tent on tarmac at the side of the motorway... Amsterdam was the worst.
Lo2244
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
HMS Belfast, it was a school trip! Very interesting history and I love boats. The sleeping quarters were interesting but from the smells to sleeping arrangements it was probably my least favourite experience sadly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.89%
No- I want it (120)
26.67%
No- I don't want it (34)
7.56%

Watched Threads