The Student Room Group

urgent opinions needed on a level choice pls :)

hello, so basically im taking maths, physics, french and chemistry right now and am going to sit the AS french although french is kinda the love of my life (as well as phys and chem ). my teacher has said i could take the AS to be safe but still continue in september and do the a level if i choose. i am really saddened by the thought of not doing french but also am worried obviously of burning out as my friends have even said they have been a bit worried about me cus ive been stressed and stuff. my grades rn are okay exept from maths ( im a low B in maths and an A*- in phys and an A in french and chem). my problem is i want to study chemistry as a degree so feel like dropping any of the others would be silly but also LOVE french. so should i drop it to give myself more time for my other subjects-(especially maths cus im scared ill fail it ) because im very scared ill over work myself and burn out . OR should i just keep french as i kind of find it comes easily to me so will keep it as like second thought whilst still focusing more on the others just cus i love it or would that be daft?
im really desperate for peoples opinions and also sorry this was so long
Original post by gonah
hello, so basically im taking maths, physics, french and chemistry right now and am going to sit the AS french although french is kinda the love of my life (as well as phys and chem ). my teacher has said i could take the AS to be safe but still continue in september and do the a level if i choose. i am really saddened by the thought of not doing french but also am worried obviously of burning out as my friends have even said they have been a bit worried about me cus ive been stressed and stuff. my grades rn are okay exept from maths ( im a low B in maths and an A*- in phys and an A in french and chem). my problem is i want to study chemistry as a degree so feel like dropping any of the others would be silly but also LOVE french. so should i drop it to give myself more time for my other subjects-(especially maths cus im scared ill fail it ) because im very scared ill over work myself and burn out . OR should i just keep french as i kind of find it comes easily to me so will keep it as like second thought whilst still focusing more on the others just cus i love it or would that be daft?
im really desperate for peoples opinions and also sorry this was so long

I don't think maths is necessary for a chemistry degree. Someone in my year is doing a chemistry degree and they didn't take maths at all (not even AS). If you're struggling with 4 subjects, then you will be better off dropping one of them. Based on the grades you've given here, you will be better off dropping maths and keeping your better subjects and the ones you prefer

Quick Reply

Latest