Anyone know how to get a grade 6 language and literature up to a 9 in six weeks
- For Lit, make sure you know your set texts/plays/poems inside out, learn as many quotes as you can and use Mr Bruff, Mr Salles and Stacey Reay on YouTube to get the top level analysis
- Do lots of practice essays and get your teacher to mark them and give you constructive feedback
- Make sure you fully understand the themes, characters and each scene/act, as well as context and author’s purpose
- For Lang, create a vocabulary bank with your best phrases, sentence structures and synonyms for words you commonly use (especially in creative writing).
- Again, do lots of practice papers
- Read lots of fiction and non fiction and try to analyse structure and language techniques in your head
- Think critically and try to be perceptive and original