The Student Room Group

How does Clearing work? (Mature student)

I am self teaching maths, I started a bit too late with my chosen distance learning provider so was not able to make the UCAS deadline for my MSc(integrated) applications. I have 2 Msc and 2 BSc options. I am able to apply for the BSc options only as they’re part time.
My question is, if I apply for those two, and don’t get into any, would it be safe to wait until clearing?
Original post by caribangel
I am self teaching maths, I started a bit too late with my chosen distance learning provider so was not able to make the UCAS deadline for my MSc(integrated) applications. I have 2 Msc and 2 BSc options. I am able to apply for the BSc options only as they’re part time.
My question is, if I apply for those two, and don’t get into any, would it be safe to wait until clearing?

UCAS applications don’t close on the deadline. The vast majority of courses will still accept an application.

Wait until next week and then talk to your universities to ask if they’re still open to applications for your courses. If they are then get your application in asap.

Clearing is available as a backup - applying in February will give you more choices and time to decide than clearing will (and to use clearing you need a ucas application anyway!).
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
UCAS applications don’t close on the deadline. The vast majority of courses will still accept an application.

Wait until next week and then talk to your universities to ask if they’re still open to applications for your courses. If they are then get your application in asap.

Clearing is available as a backup - applying in February will give you more choices and time to decide than clearing will (and to use clearing you need a ucas application anyway!).

Thank you sooooo much! It’s been years since I’ve done this, and without the help of teachers I’m a bit lost

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending