The Student Room Group

CHEM UNIT 2 Jan 16 EDEXCEL

How was it??🤣
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by tryingtostudy33
How was it??🤣

it was sort of fine
hopefully the grade boundaries would be low around 50 but I don't think it would be this low
Original post by yikes 23
it was sort of fine
hopefully the grade boundaries would be low around 50 but I don't think it would be this low

calculations were hard tho
last june it was 50 an A, and this time it was a harder paper so im hoping for lower grade b
Reply 4
+
last it was 57 for an A and 50 for B I hope this time around 50 would be an A and 45 B
Original post by tryingtostudy33
last june it was 50 an A, and this time it was a harder paper so im hoping for lower grade b
Reply 5
The question for boiling temperatures of CH4 , H20, NH4 and HF was 6 marks . And my answer was so long and don't know I will even get 3 marks
Reply 6
Original post by Mehz_19
The question for boiling temperatures of CH4 , H20, NH4 and HF was 6 marks . And my answer was so long and don't know I will even get 3 marks

True! I was confused with the intermolecular forces in HF, is it only London forces?
Reply 7
HF have both London force and hydrogen bond . But hydrogen bond is more significant than London force . So it's b.p must be higher than CH4 which has only London force .
Reply 8
Original post by Mehz_19
HF have both London force and hydrogen bond . But hydrogen bond is more significant than London force . So it's b.p must be higher than CH4 which has only London force .

Ayeee...I knew I was gonna get that one wrong..the other 3 were fine. Should have just written it had hydrogen bonding too
Reply 9
I gave few reasons for the difference in boiling temperature in all four compounds . But Im not sure whether my points gonna match with the mark scheme.
Original post by Mehz_19
I gave few reasons for the difference in boiling temperature in all four compounds . But Im not sure whether my points gonna match with the mark scheme.

That's the problem...Edexcel keeps on changing what type of answer they want from the candidate. In 1 markscheme they'll give 1 answer and for the same question next session, they'll expect something else. I wrote at least 2 to 3 different versions of answers for most questions:biggrin: being on the safe side
Reply 11
To find the value of X in water I had done everything right except that instead of writing 10 I wrote 9 . Would I get at least 2 marks for that ?
Reply 12
Original post by psukroo
That's the problem...Edexcel keeps on changing what type of answer they want from the candidate. In 1 markscheme they'll give 1 answer and for the same question next session, they'll expect something else. I wrote at least 2 to 3 different versions of answers for most questions:biggrin: being on the safe side

You were playing safe 👍
Reply 13
Original post by psukroo

But one thing I'm sure about new specification is that they don't accept answers from the old syllabus. So reading and making points from book is really important. At least they will one question of 6 marks from the book .
Original post by Mehz_19
But one thing I'm sure about new specification is that they don't accept answers from the old syllabus. So reading and making points from book is really important. At least they will one question of 6 marks from the book .

True...they had many this time. Only have Physics P2 left on 20th Jan..apart from that, I'm finished

Quick Reply

Latest