Have your say: up to £100 compensation offered to students at Sussex University Watch

tam13
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Here's where you can post a comment about our up to £100 compensation offered to students at Sussex University article.

Read the full up to £100 compensation offered to students at Sussex University article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe I missed it, but how do they measure distress
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
£100 may not be enough.
Universities run as businesses and when they fail to provide the services students have paid for then they should expect to compensate them accordingly
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
“The OIA Guidance suggests that up to £500 is appropriate for up to six months’ distress and inconvenience”.

bloody hell - I've seen students complaining on TSR about the OIA but that's ridiculous. SIX MONTHS distress = £500 compensation. That's a horrible undervaluation of student's wellbeing!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
Maybe I missed it, but how do they measure distress
I'm also interested in how they will measure this :holmes:

(Original post by PQ)
“The OIA Guidance suggests that up to £500 is appropriate for up to six months’ distress and inconvenience”.

bloody hell - I've seen students complaining on TSR about the OIA but that's ridiculous. SIX MONTHS distress = £500 compensation. That's a horrible undervaluation of student's wellbeing!
Yeah it's a joke. I'm taking a complaint to the OIA myself atm but am not very hopeful about it all (I suffered six months distress due to stuff that happened at my present uni)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (521)
66.79%
No (259)
33.21%

Watched Threads