Would you ever get cosmetic surgery whilst at university? Watch

Poll: Would you ever get cosmetic surgery whilst at university?
Yes (9)
25%
No (23)
63.89%
Unsure (4)
11.11%
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Recently, there has been a rise in young people looking at cosmetic surgery options. With student deals regularly being advertised for procedures such as fillers making it cheaper than ever before, have you ever considered getting a procedure whilst at University?

Let us know your thoughts below
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
Recently, there has been a rise in young people looking at cosmetic surgery options. With student deals regularly being advertised for procedures such as fillers making it cheaper than ever before, have you ever considered getting a procedure whilst at University?

No never crossed my mind, dont even know what i would change tbh.

That said I do know a couple girls in early twenties who've gotten lip-fillers etc. People can do what they want, but I just hope people dont feel a social pressure to improve themselves this way.
jas149
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've had a rhinoplasty operation during my first year of university. I wasn't given any "student discounts" for it haha it was just something I have always wanted to get done (I broke my nose when I was 8 and it just looked terrible).
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Definitely not would have considered it when i was at uni, and still wouldn't to this day.
ساره
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean I got a tiny bit of dermal filler tbh. I would’ve got it regardless. I didn’t get it using student discount. I know I DONT NEED it at all but I WANTED it.

I don’t like how normalised it’s become though.
Last edited by ساره; 1 month ago
Minxel
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would get plastic surgery yes, in or out of uni (I'm in uni atm). I've always wanted a breast reduction but one of my friends has lip fillers and they look great so I was considering it too but I know it can be painful so I'm scared to. I'd also probably have plastic surgery on my jawline if I had the chance aswell as I have a small lower mandable and a recessed chin which I think looks awful.
Maybe rhinoplasty while I'm at it as my nose is very straight and I'd prefer it to have a slight curve to it.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not whilst at university. Id rather focus on the essential things so I know I'm going to have the money to get by on throughout my degree.

It's something I might consider in future though, providing I can afford it.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, couldn't afford it even if i wanted to.
Am incredibly ugly and unattractive but i would sooner be ugly and authentic than pretty and fake
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Minxel)
I'd also probably have plastic surgery on my jawline if I had the chance aswell as I have a small lower mandable and a recessed chin which I think looks awful.
Same here... I’ve looked up how much it costs and it’s about £2500 for the jaw implant or less for filler injections but they ain’t permanent.

I used to not be self-conscious then multiple, unrelated people pointed it out 😂
mdnz99
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes defo, I’ve wanted cosmetic surgery since I was in year 10, I’ve always hated my nose. I really want a rhinoplasty done and hopefully I’m getting it done this year December or next year January by one of the best doctors!!!🙏🏼
ساره
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CTLeafez)
Same here... I’ve looked up how much it costs and it’s about £2500 for the jaw implant or less for filler injections but they ain’t permanent.

I used to not be self-conscious then multiple, unrelated people pointed it out 😂
I’ve heard people talking about something called mewing on YouTube but idk if it’s legit
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe.
I've looked into a few cosmetic procedures and several non-surgical options to remove scars.
Cosmetic surgery can significantly change lives for the better, improving both appearance and self-confidence.
It should not be viewed casually and all the risks should be openly discussed in detail.
No procedure should be undertaken to appease horrible bullies or demanding partners.

I'm none too keen on needles or blood and have no desire to ending up looking like Jocelyn Wildenstein. :eek:
But If I had an accident that left serious visible damage or some less invasive cosmetic surgery was recommended to aid my appearance/career prospects- then I'd probably go ahead.
mpaprika
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd want a nose job just not during uni - idk I would probably have more important things to worry about like uh my degree but after university maybe
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would never want any form of cosmetic surgery, not even if I was rich. The body I have might not be the most attractive, but it's mine. The one I was given and have always had. It forms part of my identity. And I don't want to lose any part of that identity. Not my nose that points to the right, not my under eye hollows, nothing.
PrazzPrazz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)

ngl i may get liposuction, my body is just ugh i cant
PrazzPrazz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
No, couldn't afford it even if i wanted to.
Am incredibly ugly and unattractive but i would sooner be ugly and authentic than pretty and fake
so if someone breaks a part of them and wants to repair it, its fake?
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That is what cosmetic surgery should be used for, medical reconstruction. All you need to do is google WWI plastic surgery to see how the progression to what we have today was made.
There is a difference between someone with a facially deformity like a cleft palate and someone who just likes to pump themselves with silicone.
I would find it fake on myself but if people want to do it and it makes them feel better then that's up to them.
infairverona
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Uni is a good time to have procedures because you have the long summer off to recover if you time it right. As a PhD student on a limited budget I only have filler currently and had I been able to afford it on my previous degrees then I would've done it then.
Neilos
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, if I decided I wanted something doing and could afford it.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don’t really approve of cosmetic surgery when young even though I’m fine with people using significant amounts of cosmetics. Women should spend more money on their hair, makeup, nice clothes and health. Men on their body, health and some cosmetics.

When you get above 50 that’s a different matter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.75%
No (265)
33.25%

Watched Threads